Shopping cart disappeared

0.c-19609-gfc3daf7
Windows 7 Ultimate x64
SDL
Using Launcher

When loading my last save, my shopping cart has disappeared. I’m not sure which version it was when my save was created, but I believe it was on Nov. 11th using the latest build from the launcher.
When I load my save file I get a debug error

Debug :add_zombie: there’s already a monster at 4,58,0

Function : bool Creature_tracker::add(monster&)
File : src/creature_tracker.cpp
Line : 69

When I move my character for the first time after loading, my notification area says “Can’t find grabbed object”

I have found my shopping cart in the maps save files including all of its contents.
I have pasted the relevant .MAP to the end of this post since it won’t let me upload. Search for shopping_cart

I’m not sure exactly how the map files interact with everything else, but if anyone has an idea of how to get this cart back into the game I’d appreciate it. I finally was off to a good start :frowning:

[{“version”:25,“coordinates”:[98,172,0],“turn_last_touched”:15600,“temperature”:0,“terrain”:[“t_grass”,“t_grass”,“t_grass”,“t_grass”,“t_grass”,“t_grass”,“t_dirt”,“t_grass”,“t_grass”,“t_dirt”,“t_dirt”,“t_grass”,“t_grass”,“t_grass”,“t_grass”,“t_grass”,“t_grass”,“t_grass”,“t_grass”,“t_dirt”,“t_grass”,“t_grass”,“t_dirt”,“t_grass”,“t_dirt”,“t_grass”,“t_grass”,“t_grass”,“t_grass”,“t_grass”,“t_grass”,“t_grass”,“t_grass”,“t_grass”,“t_grass”,“t_grass”,“t_grass”,“t_grass”,“t_grass”,“t_wall”,“t_wall”,“t_window_domestic”,“t_wall”,“t_wall”,“t_wall”,“t_wall”,“t_wall”,“t_wall”,“t_dirt”,“t_grass”,“t_grass”,“t_wall”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_wall”,“t_grass”,“t_grass”,“t_grass”,“t_wall”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_wall”,“t_grass”,“t_grass”,“t_grass”,“t_wall”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_wall”,“t_dirt”,“t_grass”,“t_grass”,“t_wall”,“t_console_broken”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_door_o”,“t_grass”,“t_dirt”,“t_grass”,“t_wall”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_wall”,“t_grass”,“t_grass”,“t_grass”,“t_wall”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_wall”,“t_dirt”,“t_grass”,“t_grass”,“t_wall”,“t_wall”,“t_wall”,“t_wall”,“t_wall”,“t_wall”,“t_wall”,“t_wall”,“t_wall”,“t_dirt”,“t_grass”,“t_grass”,“t_wall”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_wall”],“radiation”:[0,144],“furniture”:[[6,4,“f_bookcase”],[4,8,“f_table”],[4,9,“f_chair”],[9,11,“f_desk”]],“items”:[],“traps”:[],“fields”:[],“cosmetics”:[],“spawns”:[],“vehicles”:[]},{“version”:25,“coordinates”:[98,173,0],“turn_last_touched”:15600,“temperature”:0,“terrain”:[“t_dirt”,“t_grass”,“t_grass”,“t_window_domestic”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_wall”,“t_grass”,“t_grass”,“t_grass”,“t_window_domestic”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_wall”,“t_grass”,“t_dirt”,“t_dirt”,“t_wall”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_door_o”,“t_dirt”,“t_grass”,“t_grass”,“t_wall”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_wall”,“t_dirt”,“t_dirt”,“t_dirt”,“t_wall”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_wall”,“t_dirt”,“t_grass”,“t_dirt”,“t_wall”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_wall”,“t_dirt”,“t_dirt”,“t_dirt”,“t_wall”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_wall”,“t_grass”,“t_grass”,“t_grass”,“t_wall”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_wall”,“t_grass”,“t_grass”,“t_grass”,“t_wall”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_wall”,“t_grass”,“t_grass”,“t_grass”,“t_wall”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_wall”,“t_dirt”,“t_grass”,“t_grass”,“t_wall”,“t_wall”,“t_wall”,“t_wall”,“t_wall”,“t_wall”,“t_window_domestic”,“t_window_domestic”,“t_wall”,“t_grass”,“t_dirt”,“t_grass”,“t_grass”,“t_dirt”,“t_grass”,“t_grass”,“t_grass”,“t_grass”,“t_grass”,“t_grass”,“t_dirt”],“radiation”:[0,144],“furniture”:[[6,9,“f_bookcase”],[7,9,“f_bookcase”],[10,9,“f_bookcase”]],“items”:[],“traps”:[],“fields”:[],“cosmetics”:[],“spawns”:[],“vehicles”:[]},{“version”:25,“coordinates”:[99,172,0],“turn_last_touched”:15600,“temperature”:0,“terrain”:[“t_grass”,“t_grass”,“t_grass”,“t_grass”,“t_grass”,“t_grass”,“t_dirt”,“t_grass”,“t_grass”,“t_grass”,“t_grass”,“t_dirt”,“t_dirt”,“t_grass”,“t_grass”,“t_grass”,“t_grass”,“t_dirt”,“t_grass”,“t_grass”,“t_dirt”,“t_grass”,“t_grass”,“t_grass”,“t_grass”,“t_grass”,“t_grass”,“t_grass”,“t_grass”,“t_grass”,“t_grass”,“t_grass”,“t_grass”,“t_grass”,“t_grass”,“t_grass”,“t_wall”,“t_wall”,“t_wall”,“t_wall”,“t_wall”,“t_window_domestic”,“t_window_domestic”,“t_wall”,“t_wall”,“t_wall”,“t_wall”,“t_wall”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_wall”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_wall”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_door_o”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_wall”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_wall”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_wall”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_wall”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_wall”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_wall”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_wall”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_wall”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_wall”,“t_wall”,“t_door_o”,“t_wall”,“t_wall”,“t_wall”,“t_wall”,“t_wall”,“t_wall”,“t_wall”,“t_wall”,“t_wall”,“t_wall”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_wall”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_wall”],“radiation”:[0,144],“furniture”:[[1,4,“f_dresser”],[9,4,“f_toilet”],[0,5,“f_bed”],[9,5,“f_bathtub”],[10,5,“f_sink”],[0,6,“f_bed”],[9,6,“f_bathtub”],[4,11,“f_sink”],[5,11,“f_fridge”],[6,11,“f_oven”],[7,11,“f_cupboard”]],“items”:[9,4,[{“typeid”:“water”,“charges”:24,“poison”:2}]],“traps”:[],“fields”:[],“cosmetics”:[],“spawns”:[],“vehicles”:[]},{“version”:25,“coordinates”:[99,173,0],“turn_last_touched”:15600,“temperature”:0,“terrain”:[“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_wall”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_wall”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_wall”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_wall”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_wall”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_stairs_down”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_wall”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_door_o”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_stairs_down”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_wall”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_wall”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_wall”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_wall”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_wall”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_wall”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_wall”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_wall”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_wall”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_wall”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_wall”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_wall”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_floor”,“t_wall”,“t_wall”,“t_door_o”,“t_wall”,“t_wall”,“t_wall”,“t_wall”,“t_window_domestic”,“t_window_domestic”,“t_wall”,“t_wall”,“t_wall”,“t_wall”,“t_dirt”,“t_grass”,“t_grass”,“t_grass”,“t_grass”,“t_grass”,“t_grass”,“t_grass”,“t_grass”,“t_grass”,“t_dirt”,“t_grass”],“radiation”:[0,144],“furniture”:[],“items”:[],“traps”:[],“fields”:[],“cosmetics”:[],“spawns”:[],“vehicles”:[{“type”:“shopping_cart”,“posx”:1,“posy”:3,“om_id”:0,“faceDir”:270,“moveDir”:0,“turn_dir”:270,“velocity”:0,“falling”:false,“cruise_velocity”:0,“vertical_velocity”:0,“cruise_on”:true,“engine_on”:false,“tracking_on”:false,“skidding”:true,“of_turn_carry”:0.000000e+000,“name”:“Shopping Cart”,“parts”:[{“id”:“xlframe_vertical_2”,“base”:{“typeid”:“xlframe”,“bday”:4800,“item_tags”:[“VEHICLE”]},“mount_dx”:0,“mount_dy”:0,“open”:false,“direction”:0,“blood”:0,“enabled”:false,“flags”:0,“passenger_id”:0,“crew_id”:-1,“items”:[],“target_first_x”:0,“target_first_y”:0,“target_first_z”:0,“target_second_x”:0,“target_second_y”:0,“target_second_z”:0,“ammo_pref”:“null”},{“id”:“wheel_caster”,“base”:{“typeid”:“wheel_caster”,“bday”:4800,“damage”:6.857143e-001,“item_tags”:[“VEHICLE”]},“mount_dx”:0,“mount_dy”:0,“open”:false,“direction”:0,“blood”:0,“enabled”:false,“flags”:0,“passenger_id”:0,“crew_id”:-1,“items”:[],“target_first_x”:0,“target_first_y”:0,“target_first_z”:0,“target_second_x”:0,“target_second_y”:0,“target_second_z”:0,“ammo_pref”:“null”},{“id”:“basketlg”,“base”:{“typeid”:“basket”,“bday”:4800,“item_tags”:[“VEHICLE”]},“mount_dx”:0,“mount_dy”:0,“open”:false,“direction”:0,“blood”:66,“enabled”:false,“flags”:0,“passenger_id”:1,“crew_id”:-1,“items”:[{“typeid”:“eyedrops”,“charges”:10,“invlet”:86},{“typeid”:“caffeine”,“charges”:20,“invlet”:33},{“typeid”:“1st_aid”,“charges”:2,“invlet”:89},{“typeid”:“duct_tape”,“charges”:200,“invlet”:113},{“typeid”:“bag_plastic”,“invlet”:90,“contents”:[{“typeid”:“seasoning_salt”,“charges”:100}]},{“typeid”:“bag_plastic”,“invlet”:38,“contents”:[{“typeid”:“dry_rice”,“charges”:16}]},{“typeid”:“gloves_liner”,“invlet”:77},{“typeid”:“flip_flops”,“invlet”:105},{“typeid”:“can_drink”,“invlet”:69,“contents”:[{“typeid”:“choc_drink”,“charges”:1}]},{“typeid”:“can_drink_unsealed”,“name”:“aluminum can”,“invlet”:71},{“typeid”:“lemon”,“charges”:1,“invlet”:70,“active”:true,“rot”:982,“last_rot_check”:15655},{“typeid”:“hand_drill”,“invlet”:76},{“typeid”:“tomato”,“charges”:1,“invlet”:74,“active”:true,“rot”:979,“last_rot_check”:15656},{“typeid”:“bra”,“invlet”:84},{“typeid”:“bra”,“invlet”:84},{“typeid”:“panties”,“invlet”:46},{“typeid”:“alarmclock”,“invlet”:119},{“typeid”:“tank_top”,“invlet”:41},{“typeid”:“can_food”,“invlet”:120,“contents”:[{“typeid”:“can_tomato”,“charges”:1,“active”:true,“last_rot_check”:15661}]},{“typeid”:“fork”,“invlet”:115},{“typeid”:“socks”,“invlet”:42,“item_tags”:[“FIT”]},{“typeid”:“bubblewrap”,“invlet”:80},{“typeid”:“can_drink”,“invlet”:65,“contents”:[{“typeid”:“rootbeer”,“charges”:1}]},{“typeid”:“can_food”,“invlet”:114,“contents”:[{“typeid”:“can_peach”,“charges”:2,“active”:true,“last_rot_check”:15661}]},{“typeid”:“can_drink”,“invlet”:112,“contents”:[{“typeid”:“cola”,“charges”:1}]},{“typeid”:“bag_plastic”,“invlet”:35,“contents”:[{“typeid”:“chips2”,“charges”:3}]},{“typeid”:“transponder”,“bday”:14466,“invlet”:109},{“typeid”:“can_drink”,“invlet”:83,“contents”:[{“typeid”:“colamdew”,“charges”:1}]},{“typeid”:“bottle_plastic_small”,“invlet”:87,“contents”:[{“typeid”:“protein_powder”,“charges”:4,“rot”:1012,“last_rot_check”:14162}]},{“typeid”:“wrapper”,“invlet”:67,“contents”:[{“typeid”:“sandwich_pbj”,“charges”:1,“active”:true,“rot”:979,“last_rot_check”:15656}]},{“typeid”:“bag_plastic”,“invlet”:122,“contents”:[{“typeid”:“irradiated_cucumber”,“charges”:1}]},{“typeid”:“bottle_plastic”,“invlet”:73,“contents”:[{“typeid”:“apple_cider”,“charges”:2,“active”:true,“rot”:979,“last_rot_check”:15656}]},{“typeid”:“tshirt”,“invlet”:47},{“typeid”:“bottle_plastic”,“invlet”:66,“contents”:[{“typeid”:“coffee_syrup”,“charges”:10,“rot”:978,“last_rot_check”:14162}]},{“typeid”:“bottle_plastic”,“invlet”:72,“contents”:[{“typeid”:“mustard”,“charges”:10,“rot”:974,“last_rot_check”:14177}]},{“typeid”:“soap”,“charges”:30,“invlet”:116},{“typeid”:“lettuce”,“charges”:4,“invlet”:121,“active”:true,“rot”:978,“last_rot_check”:15657},{“typeid”:“novel_pulp”,“invlet”:111},{“typeid”:“apple”,“charges”:3,“invlet”:68,“active”:true,“rot”:981,“last_rot_check”:15658},{“typeid”:“polo_shirt”,“invlet”:40},{“typeid”:“down_pillow”,“invlet”:78},{“typeid”:“pillow”,“invlet”:79},{“typeid”:“pillow”,“invlet”:79},{“typeid”:“radio”,“charges”:100,“invlet”:85,“curammo”:“battery”},{“typeid”:“waistcoat”,“invlet”:43},{“typeid”:“umbrella”,“invlet”:103},{“typeid”:“bbgun”,“invlet”:81},{“typeid”:“house_coat”,“invlet”:34},{“typeid”:“jar_3l_glass”,“invlet”:82,“contents”:[{“typeid”:“jam_strawberries”,“charges”:24,“active”:true,“rot”:979,“last_rot_check”:15656}]},{“typeid”:“jug_plastic”,“invlet”:117,“contents”:[{“typeid”:“ammonia”,“charges”:30,“rot”:974,“last_rot_check”:14177}]},{“typeid”:“aspirin”,“charges”:20,“invlet”:72},{“typeid”:“caff_gum”,“charges”:10,“invlet”:73},{“typeid”:“thread”,“charges”:50,“invlet”:121},{“typeid”:“vitamins”,“charges”:20,“invlet”:71},{“typeid”:“pear”,“charges”:1,“invlet”:122,“active”:true,“rot”:1005,“last_rot_check”:15654},{“typeid”:“dry_veggy”,“charges”:2,“invlet”:114},{“typeid”:“bowl_plastic”,“invlet”:66,“contents”:[{“typeid”:“insta_salad”,“charges”:1,“active”:true,“rot”:996,“last_rot_check”:15656}]},{“typeid”:“can_drink”,“invlet”:67,“contents”:[{“typeid”:“creamsoda”,“charges”:1}]},{“typeid”:“can_drink”,“invlet”:65,“contents”:[{“typeid”:“V8”,“charges”:1,“active”:true,“last_rot_check”:15661}]},{“typeid”:“sewing_kit”,“charges”:50,“invlet”:111,“curammo”:“thread”},{“typeid”:“panties”,“invlet”:46,“item_tags”:[“FIT”]},{“typeid”:“boxer_shorts”,“invlet”:78},{“typeid”:“small_lcd_screen”,“bday”:9502,“invlet”:112},{“typeid”:“can_food”,“invlet”:120,“contents”:[{“typeid”:“can_beans”,“charges”:1,“active”:true,“last_rot_check”:15661}]},{“typeid”:“goggles_welding”,“bday”:9502,“invlet”:113},{“typeid”:“jar_glass_sealed”,“invlet”:68,“contents”:[{“typeid”:“veggy_pickled”,“charges”:2}]},{“typeid”:“towel”,“invlet”:103},{“typeid”:“towel”,“invlet”:103},{“typeid”:“longshirt”,“invlet”:74,“item_tags”:[“FIT”]},{“typeid”:“longshirt”,“invlet”:76},{“typeid”:“pan”,“invlet”:115},{“typeid”:“pan”,“invlet”:115},{“typeid”:“pan”,“invlet”:115},{“typeid”:“pillow”,“invlet”:79},{“typeid”:“waffleiron”,“invlet”:117},{“typeid”:“poncho”,“invlet”:77},{“typeid”:“pot”,“invlet”:119},{“typeid”:“pot”,“invlet”:119},{“typeid”:“blanket”,“invlet”:69}],“target_first_x”:0,“target_first_y”:0,“target_first_z”:0,“target_second_x”:0,“target_second_y”:0,“target_second_z”:0,“ammo_pref”:“null”}],“tags”:[],“labels”:[],“is_locked”:false,“is_alarm_on”:false,“camera_on”:false,“last_update_turn”:15655,“pivot”:[0,0]}]}]

Well, it seems your shopping cart is at coordinates (posx 1, posy 3), which is short for position x, position y - simple xy coordinates. AFAIK (posx 0, posy 0) would be the lower left corner tile of the given map tile, so that’s quite close to where you should find the cart. Go to 0,0, then take 1 step east and 2 north. The cart should be just north of you. If you can’t see the cart, then it could be “invisible”, and I’m just speculating it’s a drawing error of some sort, and the cart isn’t drawn (rendered) on the screen. You could still try grabbing at the cart’s position.

I’m not sure if there are debug commands for pinpointing your current exact coordinates. You could leave “breadcrumbs” in the save file, such as drop a rare/custom object at your feet, and then find that object’s coordinates in the save file to get a reference which way to head. Or you could look at the coordinates of the existing objects and try to deduce which way to go.

The add_zombie error message you’re seeing is probably irrelevant to the problem at hand.

For one reason or another you and your cart got separated between saves. It’s like the game decided to relocate the cart. Thus you’d get “cannot find grabbed object” if you saved while you were dragging the cart. I just hope it’s not a corrupted savegame or anything. :confused:

Edit: No wait, maybe there’s a simpler way. Edit the save file and move the cart next to you, as opposed to you trying to find the cart.

Thank you for the tip about dropping a rare item to figure out where I was. It worked like a charm. I also learned a little about how the save files work… so that was fun. It looks like what probably happened was the cart stayed where it was from the previous save somehow.

Is this save you provided the “updated” one or one from before the cart disappeared?

You could try debug-spawning a different cart, saving (after a backup, of course), then copying the “items” block from the old one. That wouldn’t recover the cart, but at least the contents.

I’m pretty sure the coords there are submap ones - that is, (0, 0) means upper-left of vehicle’s submap, not of the current bubble.