Sheathing artifacts and the bashing weapons

You know, carrying that artifact sword/quarterstaff in really messing up your volume in your pack. Why not make something to hold it?

TL;DR: I want something to carry the blunt/rather large weapons (quarterstaff and it’s variants, sledgehammer, fire axe, others-I-don’t care to mention) and make artifact weapons sheath-able (Such as the sword…).

I agree. All melee weapons should be able to be sheathed.
Bladed, blunt or otherwise.

[quote=“Adrian, post:2, topic:6425”]I agree. All melee weapons should be able to be sheathed.
Bladed, blunt or otherwise.[/quote]

Any item in the game can be wielded as a melee weapon.

KA101 deftly sheathes his LCD television

You might wish to limit that a bit.

The proper melee weapons, pleb. (How the hell do I word this…)

Err… The melee weapons with the [DURABLE] tag. At least, I think that’s the tag for the melee weapons.

[quote=“FunsizeNinja123, post:4, topic:6425”]The proper melee weapons, pleb. (How the hell do I word this…)

Err… The melee weapons with the [DURABLE] tag. At least, I think that’s the tag for the melee weapons.[/quote]

KA101 looks down his nose at Ninja’s use of the term “pleb” to refer to KA101

That’s DURABLE_MELEE, and a reasonable limiting factor.

Wait… Pleb doesn’t mean please?

Oh god

NO PLEB DOES NOT MEAN PLEASE I’VE BEEN MISLEAD FOR YEARS FORGIVE ME KA
Grovels at Ka’s feet

Great, now I feel like a butt for inadvertently calling people plebs for years. Aaahh…

[quote=“FunsizeNinja123, post:6, topic:6425”]Wait… Pleb doesn’t mean please?

Oh god

NO PLEB DOES NOT MEAN PLEASE I’VE BEEN MISLEAD FOR YEARS FORGIVE ME KA
Grovels at Ka’s feet

Great, now I feel like a butt for inadvertently calling people plebs for years. Aaahh…[/quote]

Ninja finds himself on his feet once more. It’s not entirely clear how it happened, but zero time lost.

Mistakes happen. Learning from 'em & not repeating is the important part.

I’d never known “pleb” as anything other than a shortened version of “plebeian”. I’m curious to know where you learned it as a requesting-term.

(But yeah, the limitation is reasonable.)

Mind that not all DURABLE_MELEE items are weapons, or weapon-shaped. The tag name is probably somewhat misleading, but it simply serves to apply a multiplier to the weapon’s damage resistance when used as a melee weapon.

Ability to stick my atomic night light in a sock would be handy as well.

So you can make an atomic nightlight-in-a-sock and sheath it in your scabbard after you bludgeoned a zombie hulk with it?

I suggested a method of modifying melee weapons and guns with holsters and scabbards in another recent thread in this forum if you want to read it. Seems relevant. However, it seems like it needs some clarification on what makes up the right weapon type for the gun. Obviously, pistols would be easy enough, they are already pretty well-defined and relatively universal in size. However, it seems like knives, swords, clubs, and the like need tags to define their shape with regard to these modifications. Large club-like items would need a sling like THIS fellow.

Let’s say for simplicities sake that any scabbards or whatever are adjustable or made by the player and adjustable.