"seed potato" Typo (381dacd experimental)

Seed potato. The potato seed’s evil twin.

Nope, this is correct grammar. You don’t plant seeds to grow spuds; you plant cut up seed potatoes (spuds that have gone to seed) instead.

Description should mention it, IMO.

Perhaps instead of seperate seed potatoes you could make rotten(read: gone to seed) potatoes plantable. I’ve planted potatoes from the supermarket that sat in the cupboard a bit overlong with good results. The green bits of potatoes are apparently chock full of poison, which is nice, and also flowers with seeds.

Potatoes are a member of the same family as deadly nightshade and tomatoes. They produce flowers and fruit which are very similar to tomatoes, very often with viable seeds, but like nightshade the fruits and all green parts of the plant, including the green in tubers exposed to light, contain solanine, which is poisonous. New varieties of potato are produced by selective crossing and growing plants from the seed produced. Confusingly, seed potatoes are actually not true seed but tubers saved from the previous year’s crop, selected for size, those about the size of a large chicken egg are best, and are usually guaranteed virus free.
source..
verified on wikipedia.

edited because i screwed up the links.

That’s not as easy as it sounds, due to rather hacky implementation of seeds.
The closest we could easily get is the ability to make any potato into a seed potato.

any rotten potato? Can you specify a freshness level in the recipes?

Not to my knowledge.

[quote=“Rivet, post:2, topic:8944”]Nope, this is correct grammar. You don’t plant seeds to grow spuds; you plant cut up seed potatoes (spuds that have gone to seed) instead.
-img-[/quote]
Is is just me, or does this picture look disturbingly like a bunch of baby heads with worms crawling through them?

[quote=“i2amroy, post:8, topic:8944”][quote=“Rivet, post:2, topic:8944”]Nope, this is correct grammar. You don’t plant seeds to grow spuds; you plant cut up seed potatoes (spuds that have gone to seed) instead.
-img-[/quote]
Is is just me, or does this picture look disturbingly like a bunch of baby heads with worms crawling through them?[/quote]
Worms with weird, pink mouths.