Potatoes are NOT vegatables

The bad trait for hates vegetables, it counts beans and potatoes, which really are starches which dont count :(… Cuz they really are not vegetables

Tomatoes are fruits but veggie haters still hate them. I had no idea about this, but I know a lot of people that consider them veggies, including myself. xD

It’s a culinary vegetable. Its botanical classification is irrelevant.

So is a sweet potato a fruit or a vegetable?
They suck either way.
But seriously beans are vegetables?
Are peanuts vegetables?
Dear god.

Culinarily, yes.

Peanut butter sandwiches, however (without jam) for some reason count as fruit. In the game, I mean.

I hate vegetables, including tomatoes. I love potatoes.

[me=StopSignal]leaves in the night[/me]

For whatever reason, Peanut Butter was counted as fruit, so I left that in. Then again, brioches were marked as veggies

Currently the only time where something being a vegetable or not matters is if the player has the “Hates Vegetables” trait, so rather than technical definitions, comestibles should be classified around what would an average Joe that can’t stand veggies refuse to eat.

… I don’t think there’s such a thing as “an average joe who hates vegetables”. I love some kinds of vegetables and hate others. It’s the same for literally every person I know.

Defining “vegetable” as “stuff that some people don’t like” strikes me as pretty difficult. I guess we could go for “stuff with lots of bitters and dietary fibers”, but that’s not really the same as vegetables at all, and tomatoes don’t fall into that category either.

For whatever reason, Peanut Butter was counted as fruit, so I left that in. Then again, brioches were marked as veggies

Currently the only time where something being a vegetable or not matters is if the player has the “Hates Vegetables” trait, so rather than technical definitions, comestibles should be classified around what would an average Joe that can’t stand veggies refuse to eat.[/quote]Regular peanut butter (in jars) is counted as Junk Food. I would expect the regular PB sandwich to be that as well.

We should probably have something like a Nut Allergy trait. Can’t eat anything that might contain even traces of nuts, because that will cause anaphylactic shock and death.

Does that mean I’m weird because I like all vegetables?

The one I don’t get – worse than potatoes – is that cornbread counts as a vegetable.

I mean, at that point you ought to call potato chips veggies, too. But, despite the eye-rolling, I do not think it’s worth too much complaint because there’s such a huge variety of non-vegetable items to eat (including ever-present animals to hunt and cook), that the trait is virtually free points.

If we’re going for “stuff average joe hates” instead of “opposite of vegetarian”, it should probably be “hates non-processed food”, but we don’t have a flag for that :confused:

to clarify, this could be split into nutritional / culinary / botanical categories… but as for preferences, that would need to be assigned at chargen. you could create a character personality complete with food likes/dislikes, which would have an in game effect on enjoyability depending on what foods you enter. categories are kind of insufficient at this point to do say “nuts” or “melons” or “sweet” or “savory”

The chargen setting format could be expanded for more personality quirks as well.

Potatoes and tomatos are both vegetables. All fruits are vegetables. I mean I don’t see anyone arguing eggplants or squash aren’t vegetables, despite them being fruits. Grains and nuts are also vegetables (AND fruits).

Potatoes are just root vegetables.

The trait should clearly be called “Consummate Carnivore” and just be anything-without-meat-is-bad. :smiley: