Scenario mods?

Total newb here. Looking for a primer on making my own scenarios. Or modifying existing ones, really.

The School scenario only allows one character type and there’s a ton that seem really obvious to me. Otaku, Teacher, Students, etc.

Is there a simple guide anywhere?

All existing scenarios and professions are stored as plain text inside the json files, you can edit them with any text editor such as Notepad or Notepad++.

You can find the scenarios at \data\json\scenarios\scenarios.json
The professions are at \data\json\professions.json

If you want to know how to do something specifically and can’t figure it out you can ask here or send me a PM.

It’s all literally just written out in plain text with basic json parsing format, so I’m actually not sure where I’d start with explaining it generally.
Any specific questions I can help with, though.

Since my question fits this topic:
I looked into the file, but since i have a very specific wish, i have no clue how to do that:

Is it possible to easily make a scenario where you start out with a basic outfitted RV somewhere outside a city or in the wilderness?
I like a mobile base feel and also like to learn more about cars and since I’m a noob it’s not easy to start a working one to begin with.

AFAIK scenarios are not designed to have anything to do with vehicles, unfortunately.
Therefore, I’d recommend learning how to fix up vehicles on your own, it’s not as complicated as it seems and you can always ask questions for specific advice and I’d be happy to help.

Essentially you only need a few things and most cars are mostly functional with a specific problem.
For example many cars you find will have no wheel, or no controls, or no engine, or no fuel, or no electricity.
However it’s less common that they will they have numerous of these issues (You are far, far more likely to find a car with no wheels than a car with no wheels AND no engine).

The first step to getting a working vehicle is to find 2 or 3 vehicles, picking which one you want and then dismantling parts off the others to repair it.

A particularly useful thing to note is that you can get a rubber hose from smashing up or deconstructing a refrigerator.
When you 'e’xamine a vehicle to interact with it a rubber hose lets you use the siphon option so you can drain fuel out of other vehicles into an adjacent vehicle or to any containers you have.
Many vehicles will merely be damaged and out of fuel but work relatively okay if you refuel them.

Important tools of use other than a rubber hose would be a wrench, a hacksaw, a scissor/bottle jack, and a welder/acetylene torch (and welding goggles).

You could also just use the debug menu to spawn in an RV, but that’s a horribly tempting slippery slope that may ruin your gameplay experience forever.

Thanks, most of that stuff I figured out, but didn’t know that you can also syphon from one vehicle to the other, which is helpful to know.
I agree on the debug menu. I don’t mind making life for me easier by picking easier starting professions or disabling some things with mods, but straight up cheating is a quick way to lose interest in the game.

Newb to newb, I would recommend finding a starting character that comes with a wrench, as they seem to be particularly uncommon and the only thing in the game with Bolt Turning 2, which is a requirement for pretty much everything to do with vehicles. Every other tool you seem to be able make with a fairly low fabrication skill.

[quote=“statistx, post:3, topic:14400”]Is it possible to easily make a scenario where you start out with a basic outfitted RV somewhere outside a city or in the wilderness?
I like a mobile base feel and also like to learn more about cars and since I’m a noob it’s not easy to start a working one to begin with.[/quote]

No, although sometimes I want to play a “scenario” like that, and in that case I just debug spawn in the vehicle myself.