Saprovore and carnivore?

Can I eat fruit for less nutrition, or is saprovore only for meat now?

I’m fairly certain Saprovore doesn’t replace Carnivore anymore; you actually keep Carnivore and Saprovore is a different mutation entirely; so even if it was rotten you’d still get penalties since it’s fruit.

I have both and tried eating fruit, not even just a penalty, it straight up refuses so I am starving.

Having carnivore means you can’t eat veggies/fruit/wheat/anything not meat.

Once I’m back in communication, alternative routes to “eat rotten stuff” will be a priority. Birds, Plants, and Rats should all be able to handle rotting vegetable matter, IMO.

But it says I can, just suffering penalties, and my character was starving, I mean fucking after I tried fruit I ate 6 lunch meats and was still starving, and I also have no cutting tool.

you can basically always start out by making a stone knife if in need of a cutting tool. Disarm a trap with a string, raid houses for a sewing kit, whatever, just find a thread. It’s easy from there, just a stick and a rock.

I realize that it’s not always easy to find thread, but with the recent adding of traps to farms and things like this, it should be very doable and prevent you from ever starving from lack of butchering.

Actually, you can always get a long string from breaking a window, which can be dissembled into short strings without a cutting tool.

Rags can be disassembled into thread as well.

I believe you actually need to cut the rags up though, which requires a blade already. If not, getting rags usually requires a blade.

Once I’m back in communication, alternative routes to “eat rotten stuff” will be a priority. Birds, Plants, and Rats should all be able to handle rotting vegetable matter, IMO.[/quote]

That would be great!