Same key mapped to 2 diff items

As the title says, several times i had 2 items with the same key. I run 0.6 version, downloaded on 02.06. (IDK how to be more specific about the version :D). Also : food items migrate between categories after consuming 1 portion if more than one is available ( in particularly liquids)

Yea the inventory code was changed relatively recently, it has a few issues that need to be fixed.

The category thing is easy enough to get past, just open and close the inventory and they re-categorize properly.
Not so easy to avoid is the key mapping duplication, which always crashes my game if I try to use/drop a double-mapped item, saving and loading always fixes it, but this gets time consuming after you’ve explored a good sized area and survived a few months.

If anyone can give us reliable reproduction steps for the duplicate letter bug, that would help a LOT. We can try fixing it after the fact, but it would be a lot better to figure out what’s causing it, and fix that.

Fill your inventory up a decent amount. Get three plastic bottles of water. Drink/refill them by crafting clean water and putting it into the empties. This almost always causes the bug.

Fill up your inventory to the maximum, with a stack of at least 2 bottles of a multi-dose drink, say, water. Drink the water, creating a new stack of 1 water (1). Try to drink the last charge of that water from the 'E’at menu, and it will show the wrong letter. Because the inventory was already full, the new water was assigned ‘`’ as a fallback inventory letter, but it’s shown differently in the 'E’at menu.

I seem to remember pointing this out a long, long time ago.

besides this bug, there’s also a problem with #.

you use # to multidrop. but # also gets assigned to items.

[quote=“grisamentum, post:6, topic:1622”]besides this bug, there’s also a problem with #.

you use # to multidrop. but # also gets assigned to items.[/quote]

What do you mean “# to multidrop?” If you mean dropping partial stacks, you don’t need to press #, you just type the number and then press the item letter.

[quote=“ejseto, post:7, topic:1622”][quote=“grisamentum, post:6, topic:1622”]besides this bug, there’s also a problem with #.

you use # to multidrop. but # also gets assigned to items.[/quote]

What do you mean “# to multidrop?” If you mean dropping partial stacks, you don’t need to press #, you just type the number and then press the item letter.[/quote]

oh

god