Stuff keep getting the same key

Help, it’s really frustrating.

He means that he for example gets the (S) key for two different items. I know because i am in Skype with him.

Use “=” to assign new keys for those items.

I think there is no other solution at this moment.

Using “=” to re-assign items doesnt help in any way…at least not me, since all you do is assign the currently multi-assigned items to the same key all over.
What helped me deal with the double-assigns is just dropping all affected items via multidrop and then picking them up again.

[quote=“Toombs, post:4, topic:1495”]Using “=” to re-assign items doesnt help in any way…at least not me, since all you do is assign the currently multi-assigned items to the same key all over.
What helped me deal with the double-assigns is just dropping all affected items via multidrop and then picking them up again.[/quote]
If I try to drop, use, or reassign a key that has multiple items assigned I get a crash.
I fix the problem by Saving and Loading, which re-assigns one of them so they’re all unique again.

I’m experiencing this problem frequently as well. I didn’t ever notice it happening in the previous build. I also thought that the game was removing items from my inventory temporarily when they being separated from a stack, but it looks like it just temporarily moves them into the ‘other’ category - it seems as though something in this step is failing to properly assign a unique letter to the new item. This thread should probably go into the bugs subforum.

I haven’t experienced this problem, but what i have noticed is that i rarely get items assigned to normal keys like “a” or “b”, instead my items keeps getting assigned to “@”, “&” and this stupid inverted slash key i have yet to figure out how to make. x(

Also i keep noticing that sometimes when i have used an drink item it goes to the “other” category, like halberdsturgeon said.

Backslashes '' on Qwerty keyboards are usually on the right-hand side of your keyboard above the enter/return key. If you are talking about accent marks ` then they are usually on the top left of the keyboard above TAB and share a key with ‘~’.

Put all the stuff you never use frequently on keys like {[]}~^ … and those you keep in inventory regularly to those you want. Anything else can be a bit annoying by times, but hey, it’s key-controlled not menu-scrollbar. You get used to, sooner or later.

[quote=“i2amroy, post:8, topic:1495”][/quote]
Thanks man :slight_smile: now i can finally drop those stupid mushrooms that i have been carrying around! :smiley:

Sometimes it has different keys in the inventory and when I try to interact with something. Why not make it arrow controlled, like the “/” menu with different keys for different actions? It would be much quicker and easier to use.

I accidentally 2 snorts of meth and I was sleeping for days. This bug is no joke.