Robots of all flavours

Long story short, been playing a reasonable while and had a few cases of success (3 month character with all the CBM gubbins got killed by boredom) but I’m looking for advice with a long term problem I’ve had.
Robots.
Eyebots are way too hard to shoot, the new (?) bots that shoot the sedative gas absolutely ruin me, copbots trick me with their ‘stop and we’ll cuff and not murder you’ shit, and I’ve not even seen the giant tank drones or whatever but they sound wretched.
Aside from gedding gud skrub, how do I deal with these buggers?

For eyebots, copbot and riot bots, keep distance and shoot them with any bows or guns. As for new .223 mil. turrets and .50 BMG antimaterial turrets, avoid them in daylight and raid them at night.

New tank drone killed me once, it is extremely powerful and similarly, darkness is the greatest weakness.

Eyebots aren’t that hard to shoot. You probably have high arm encumbrance, very low dex/per or try to shoot in bursts. Watch out for recoil and take time between shots. With an accurate weapon (low dispersion), you can shoot them without any skills.

Gas bots require good gas masks (preferably 15+ environmental protection) and non-metal weapons. Gas masks drop from firefighter zombies. They can dazzle you if you have no environmental eye protection, so grab some goggles if your gas mask doesn’t include one.

Police bots will always zap you (unless you’re immune or something), you just have to beat them up before they beat you up.

Here’s a giant protip for all bots, even the tank drones and the like:

They don’t see in the darkness and unlike zombies they have no sense of smell. If you stand still while only using a bow or similar weapons, they have no ways detecting you except randomly stumbling upon you.

some tips for bots (for start and mid game):
manhack: throw something at it its fragile and hard to hit in mele best fight at night/in darkness they glow in darkness
skitterbot: ranged weapons unless you are bionic user with electic immunity cbm (forgot name) or mele god
eyebot: ignore it and stay away from it (you can hug him and wait to bots and farm some scrap and electric parts)
cop bot: ranged weapons unless you are bionic user with electic immunity cbm or have some mele skills
riot bot: get gas mask or PBA mask if you want you can surrender and get cuffed and he will ignore you but other riot bots and all other hostilles will still atack you with electric immunity cbm you can walk free unlike cop bots you can kill it with less risk
sentry bot: they spawn only in labs use darkness and firearms its good to have some armor too because they fire 9mm like normal turrets
chicken walker: stay away and mark this place on map during night you can try hunt it with night vision and some explosiwes
tank bot: if you are not fireproff keep distance but not too away from it or he will fire 120mm rounds at you (at medium range he use .223) darkness is your friend get night vision and hunt him with some powerfull guns

Thanks robowarriors! My new to be survivors will salute you (before they walk into a tank drone)
kiss hug

Carry matchhead bombs for sentries you come across on roadblocks. You can throw them from well outside their firing range, but you have to land at least one block next to the sentry to destroy it.

Other than that, put some armor on the front of your vehicle and ram it at 60 mph

I am waiting…for the day when you can ride inside a robot. That’ll be the day my friends, that’ll be the day…

I started a thread about it in the Drawing Board, but I was waiting to hear from some of the folks who deal with canon more before putting in too much work.
Mech suits/power lifters
http://smf.cataclysmdda.com/index.php?topic=8132.msg186240#msg186240

[quote=“jokermatt999, post:8, topic:7839”]I started a thread about it in the Drawing Board, but I was waiting to hear from some of the folks who deal with canon more before putting in too much work.
Mech suits/power lifters
http://smf.cataclysmdda.com/index.php?topic=8132.msg186240#msg186240[/quote]
There’s a guy working on modular power suits using the vehicle system. First, though, he’s going to make a power system for furniture.

Oh awesome! I saw that guy’s post about the electrical systems, and it seems like he really knows his stuff. Eagerly looking forward to it.

Will it have a molotov launcher though? That’s a deal breaker for me.