Repopulation and NPC traits

I’m not saying this to be a pervert or anything, I am simply being realistic. The apocalypse has happened and few people are left, sooooo eventually after you are set up and safe enough it would make sense to eventually er, ‘make love,’ if nothing else but the continuation of the human race. Either you have kids or you clone yourself (Which I don’t think has been invented yet, Right?).
Also, I feel like NPCs should get traits, and your children would get a mixture of the mother’s and father’s traits (With a small chance of unique ones, or at least as they age.) I imagine that to make it no too much of a waste of time, it would take like two or three season for the child to at least reach teen level. And what would also be cool, is if you die you can choose to be your child rather than a brand new character.
There is of course the part of them being WILLING also. If you assist someone a lot it would make sense they they would be more willing, and maybe a relationship thing can happen in more detail. Speech skill and traits/mutations will also matter to some extend. Why would a normal human be easily willing to sleep with someone who has fangs, a tail and fur? Also, a new starting trait possible would be cool, something like ‘non-racist’ as a positive (And for realism ‘racist’ trait as bad) Also, once again for realism, the option of character gen would be your skin color (Which also factors into what can happen to NPCs) You could simply have neither and be neutral toward any skin color too. You COULD add rape, but me being a major hater of that (Cuz it is messed to a very large margin) would prefer not. But of course, realism.
Realism type things have been added quite a lot in CDDA as of late if I recall, but you detailed you would want to go is up to you.

I don’t really see much point in virtual sex, virtual child rearing, virtual racism and so on.
Unless we convert the game from “dark days ahead” to “dwarf fortress ahead”, it simply has too little in common with killing zombies with hand-crafted spears to fit.

Mechanically, the game has far too short a timescale to worry about this sort of thing.
Thematically it’s also a bust, the focus is on survival, not rebuilding.
Even if we did want it to happen, it would most likely happen “off camera” in Nov settlements.

I understand that, but I feel like you should at least add NPC traits. Maybe some sort of rare chance of minor mutations also. (Not as in full on mutants, just smaller things)
Also, perhaps you could invent some sort of ‘second’ game mode. With the idea of rebuilding: You instead start with a mostly cleared out city, a fair amount of randomly generated supplies, and a couple of survivors. This would shy away a bit from the normal cataclysm feel, but I personally think it’d be cool to make a colony management type game mixed with cataclysm. Maybe get a couple raids and stuff from enemies to make there be some sort of challenge; and you and your survivors need to eat and drink, so maybe a scavenging system that you basically make them go to a general landmark and they can get supplies (As in a random town, maybe a specific building for specific loot, forests for logs, rivers for water that would need some purifying, and similar stuff)
It is not unlikely that this would instead need to be developed as a mod rather than the base game, but it’d still be cool. Maybe after it is ‘done’ there could be an extra add-on to that that puts in a more fantasy/sci-fi feel? I know that at least the sci-fi and fantasy bits would be a mod rather than an option in base gameplay cuz I think that you said that Kevin.
BTW, just as a side mention, it is really great to know that you read stuff too, you are the ‘creator’ of CDDA right?

[quote author=redxlaser15 link=topic=14726.msg302094#msg302094 date=1499574104]
I understand that, but I feel like you should at least add NPC traits. Maybe some sort of rare chance of minor mutations also. (Not as in full on mutants, just smaller things)
[/wuote]
Traits and inheritance has the same issue, there’s inadequate timescale in the game for them to appear.

I wouldn’t be opposed to someone doing this, but I’m not personally interested.

I’m the lead developer, there are a lot of contributions other than mine, so I can’t take all the credit.
I’m active-ish on the forums, I read most everything, but haven’t had time to reply to much recently.