Repeating Crossbow is NOT a sub-machine gun

Currently, the repeating crossbow uses and trains the SMG skill. That seems a little ridicilous. Assuming that the repeating crossbow is some sort of pump-action crossbow (like the one depicated in 'From Dusk ‘til Dawn’), it has absolutely nothing to do with a sub-machine gun. It’s way larger than an SMG, it lacks auto-fire and uses a completely different kind of ammo.

Therefore, I’d suggest to change it’s skill to archery, to fit with the rest of the crossbows.

It’s not a pump-action crossbow per se, its a cho ku no, which has no trigger, instead each time you pump it, it fires. Based on the way you would hold one, it has a lot more in common with firing a smg than it does with firing a bow. Frankly crossbows should all be using either rifle or pistol skill, thetes no significant overlap between firing a bow and firing a crossbow.

Oh, that’s interesting. I thought it was some sort of improvised and enhanced survivor crossbow along the lines of the pneumatic bolt driver, just generally weaker.

Regarding skill, I’m not sure if crossbows really fit into any weapon category we currently have. While they are handled relatively similiar to rifles, their whole mechanic and maintenance is quite different from guns.

Oh, that’s interesting. I thought it was some sort of improvised and enhanced survivor crossbow along the lines of the pneumatic bolt driver, just generally weaker.

Regarding skill, I’m not sure if crossbows really fit into any weapon category we currently have. While they are handled relatively similiar to rifles, their whole mechanic and maintenance is quite different from guns.[/quote]

I think it’s because the ballistics of a bolt are much more similar to that of an arrow than if a bullet.