Removal of the random trap clusters

I second the idea of having traps inside houses. Much more convenient than outside.

I do. Fuck inexperienced players. Fuck them in their stupid asses. I hope they get chased by hulks and jabberwocks until they run into minefields. And if they survive, I hope they get food poisoning. Baptism by fire bitches. This isn’t smb, this is cataclysm. And sparta, this is definitely sparta.[/quote]
That was unnecessary…

I think he was joking.

To the FNGs, it’s fun learning everything in Cata. Then you’ll know what to do, live until second season, get attached to your char, then die in a pit of lava.

I think the main thing for the minefields will be some visible indicator that (if they are on a road for example) the road is close. Perhaps a few wodden barriers and do not enter signs? And if the player decides to ignore those, well…

Yes I definitely was because the idea that anyone hates inexperienced players is absurd and deserves to be mocked. We all love this game and simply want to see it succeed and for that we need noobs. But it doesn’t mean the game should be easy.

[quote=“Binky, post:19, topic:3907”]Completely agree that they are an easy source of loot (and extremely useful shotguns/Xbows and steel bolts) and extremely useful for kiting Z’s with. This isn’t necessarily a bad thing - DCSS ended up taking a way a huge amount of ‘rewards’ and I think this damaged the game quite a lot. You need some ‘awesome, loads of stuff!’ moments to contrast of starvation and desolation.

However, they’d make a lot of thematic sense as trapped houses/buildings (or even as they are now, but only in towns). They just make no sense in the middle of empty fields - so much so that it almost looks like a glitch really.[/quote]

The thing is that people don’t like the basic exploit of it… Maybe putting only beartraps? It would be more realistic. And chunks of meat, for bears. so they could have been pre apocalypse.

Woo +1 to moving traps indoors!

If we have working NPCs the hold ups are plenty to illustrate there are assholes!

had some mines spawn around the starting shelter that could have been bad if i had not noticed them.

I’d rather see the occasional trapped-up house with some decent loot inside it. Perhaps someone who had some time to prepare, or just a crazy paranoid person.

I agree that it’s odd to find these little clusters of traps. I kinda hand-waved it, figured maybe some gangs or something were trying to lure victims so they could steal their stuff. But that’s kinda far-fetched.

I always thought it was a trap…Like, “oh, theres some free stuff,” walks on landmine guy who set traps comes along and steals everything on that guys body

[quote=“Hyena Grin, post:29, topic:3907”]I’d rather see the occasional trapped-up house with some decent loot inside it. Perhaps someone who had some time to prepare, or just a crazy paranoid person.

I agree that it’s odd to find these little clusters of traps. I kinda hand-waved it, figured maybe some gangs or something were trying to lure victims so they could steal their stuff. But that’s kinda far-fetched.[/quote]

My mutant wolfman cyborg thinks -you’re- far fetched. :stuck_out_tongue:

But seriously, the loot always seemed rather lame or obvious “this is bait come pick this up” material so I assumed it was either shmuck-bait or, when something good was there, some guy’s protected stash. The NPCs have always been both stupid, and jerkasses, so either seemed plausible I guess.

This is how I rationalized it away to myself, taken from that perspective it makes perfect sense.