Remember your first game? How did it end?

Most of my early games consisted of making a spear heading into town and attempting to spear all the things and eventually failing to do so. Usually due to death by zombies (usually spitters and shockers), surprise basement spiders or both.

Edit I also didn’t know back then that you could actually do reach attacks I.e. pressing f to spear from a safer distance. Wish I knew that back then.

early.

I was hungry, killed a raccoon and got its meat, I started a fire in a nearby bush to cook the meat, I was getting you were hurt messages but I thought it was the smoke messing with me, when the meal is ready I suddenly see I have like 300 pain and near death, I didn’t realize the grass below me could catch fire!

From there I always cook in the pavement…

The construction menu allows you to remove grass now, which is good. Also built a fire pit with 10 stones to contain a fire.

Reminds me of a time where I tried to make a fire pit. The wiki said to make a circle of rocks and that is literally what I did. I was disappointed and tried to avoid cooking with fire wherever possible until now as I know I can make a brazier out of lockers and have an almost eternal flame with enough logs.

Not sure about first game, but I remember being terrorized by grabboids a lot.

I knew and hulk still played catch with me

My first game I still remember… Going happily down into the basement of the shelter, getting some random gear, being super happy about my emergency blanker, chatting with the NPC… who promptly ran outside and started fighting a zombie. I ran out too, to help, then after that was dead I think he chased a squirrel. Either way I was pretty upset and gave up on him, then started making my knife spear. Once that was done I headed for the nearest grocery store, ran into 5 zombies, got surrounded and died. The next two dozen times I only left the shelter at night, closed up all the curtains and eventually gave up on NPCs after two crashes and an active mininuke incident. I panicked when I saw it and traded for it like a noob. I thought I could save us if I could just run/throw it far enough (I couldn’t).

“Maybe the milspec turrets won’t see me if I try to sneak around behind the trees”

I found a katana on the first day outside the shelter in the middle of a drug dealer spawn.

Then I charged into town like a dumbass. It did not end well.

[quote=“TheWumpus, post:30, topic:14211”]I found a katana on the first day outside the shelter in the middle of a drug dealer spawn.

Then I charged into town like a dumbass. It did not end well.[/quote]
That sucks.
I feel like the only time we ever get insanely lucky in games like these is when we’re noobs that have no clue how to play.

I’d read quite a few guides beforehand, so I survived the first night sleeping in a house. Died to a shocker during a night raid the next day, though.

I played a Janitor and started in a Library. After I got out, I fought few zombies and managed to beat them with my Mop, but got very hurt in the process. Then a Zombie Necromancer came over and started raising all the zombies I already killed. I tried to get away through an alley between the buildings, but a Spitter spew acid that blocked my escape, and the revived zombies blocked the way I came from. Seeing how I was already low on health, I quickly got swarmed to death.

What a way to go!

So there I was fresh from seeing a video
watch?v=X_7vN78zJ1c Youtube
Having not done the tutorial but figuring that having amazing stats may actually make this work, I of course cheated my *** off.
I made the clown, had luck in finding a drill, I had strength and martial prowess out of hell it’s self…

My first zombie, crack snap and break there goes the zombie. Second zombie begins to scream in my face I shrug it off and throw lunchmeat I believe it was killing it surprisingly. Then the fatty came in, and exploded… I was blind, unable to see anything but purple… Last thing that I know is something exploded significantly.

Turns out, none of this power you can put behind a clown matters. As I literally died in both the first place I found a drill, the first place that i spawned, and the place I returned to after seeing a swarm of zombies outside… The garage, my spawn location.

So endeth the failed epic of clown drillllll Cataclysm edition.

No big story. Killed by a K9 Zombie dog. Didn’t have a proper weapon, since I didn’t know the stats for crap.

I went into town in the middle of the day and got mobbed by zombies. Managed to hop into a car that I knew worked, turned it around, and drove it at speed into the mob of zombies pursuing me. Lost control, crashed into a building, and was mobbed and impaled by multiple predators.

Speaking of which, I haven’t seen predators for a while. Are they affected by the No Joke Monsters/Crazy Cataclysm mod? Because I tend to turn the non-serious stuff off.

nothing much to say, but it ended because i turned off safe mode and moved much farther than i intended by holding the key.

So how’d it happen? What ended you?

Reminds me of the time I died because I kept holding the left key not realizing the a bear was mauling me.