Release candidate for 0.B

I’ve had game-crashing bugs, but I make frequent backups so they aren’t game-ending.

I had many game crashing bugs but i was not using the lasty-last. Gonna try it when i finish my current play!

Can you guys put zombie door smashing back in for this release? Pretty sure Whales had that, like, four years ago lol

Dude chill, things break, it’s part of the process. I was already working on it without the snide comments, thanks.

FYI, zombie door bashing is fixed and improved. While I was at it I eliminated a bug where they wouldn’t team up on door bashing if they were oriented diagonally. (that’s right, they team up to bash doors)

The changelog feels impressive.

This is the g33k game, you know that? :smiley:

Well, you guys still have not noticed that .40 S&W has 2 entries in bullet pulling JSON? The other one seems like it would go for a .44 magnum bullet. I fixed this in my FMJ bullet pulling JSONs, check out the lab.

PR?

PR?[/quote]

Don’t sweat it, I’ll hit this in my nightly bughunt.

PR?[/quote]

Don’t sweat it, I’ll hit this in my nightly bughunt.[/quote]

Zaweri puts a PR on Github for this already, don’t worry.
https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/pull/9957

PR?[/quote]

Don’t sweat it, I’ll hit this in my nightly bughunt.[/quote]

Zaweri puts a PR on Github for this already, don’t worry.
https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/pull/9957[/quote]

Nifty PR but unmergeable ATM thanks to the new strings. (String freeze = no new text until it’s lifted!) Rivet’s fix was already up and is merged.

I am psyched about 0.B and about to get my brother into the game when it drops.

I don’t have mod privileges so can’t update the OP, but let’s go ahead and call the current latest build another release candidate, 0.B RC2:

Linux, Curses
Linux, Tiles
Windows, Curses
Windows, Tiles

These links will not expire until at least the actual release of 0.B, unlike the links in the OP of this thread (which already did).

Edit: Dammit, every stupid forum software that uses stupid BBCode has different handling. Use quotes in url tags, don’t use quotes. Bah.

Unless a major new bug surfaces, release is happening TODAY, OP updated with links to latest builds.

You can port over saves.

Will a full changelog be available? I haven’t keep keeping up to date with the recent changes for maybe a week.

In 0.B, are hordes and NPCs still considered to be experimental? Like, should I leave them off for now or are they good to go?

Yes to both. Folks have had pretty good results with static NPCs and they’re fairly safe to turn on, but there are enough issues with 'em that we haven’t changed the default. Random NPCs are likewise much less crash-prone, but can definitely error out and are good at looting your base and otherwise being Very Annoying.

Hordes aren’t yet ready for prime time.

Thanks. Also, how do the different skill rust systems work? I’m familiar with Vanilla but the other ones not much. By default it’s Int dependent? What does that entail exactly?

Yes to both. Folks have had pretty good results with static NPCs and they’re fairly safe to turn on, but there are enough issues with 'em that we haven’t changed the default. Random NPCs are likewise much less crash-prone, but can definitely error out and are good at looting your base and otherwise being Very Annoying.

Hordes aren’t yet ready for prime time.[/quote]

While NPCs are very less crash prone, I’d like to add, they do rarely crash your game (just happened to me) so save regularly!