Region Types

Hello. I’m currently working on two mods that add region types, but can never consistently get the game to recognize them. Is there a way to reactivate the function, or does it need to be recoded? I can rarely, with unknown circumstances, get the game to allow a change of region type, but I’m not sure what I’m doing. I’m using one of the newest experimental builds. Thanks.

I think I got it:
The terrains are loaded from jsons, but jsons are not loaded until a world is loaded.
I managed to get the desert_test to appear on region list by loading an existing world (new character->select world) and then canceling the creation of character.

[quote=“Coolthulhu, post:2, topic:11264”]I think I got it:
The terrains are loaded from jsons, but jsons are not loaded until a world is loaded.
I managed to get the desert_test to appear on region list by loading an existing world (new character->select world) and then canceling the creation of character.[/quote]

You just solved a perpetual question i had, having seen desert_test only once, but no mention of it being deleted… ty

I just tried out your instructions, and they worked! Thanks a bunch!

Cant wait to see where this goes, what with after the last desert region type mysteriously vanishing (was cancelled)

1 Like