Re: Ammo vending machines (Anti-moderation derail)

[quote=“KA101, post:3, topic:9060”]I’m pretty sure we do have 'em, and they can electrify at people.

Seriously sick and tired of folks slurring misogyny all over the forum, incidentally.[/quote]

So if he instead said bastard; would you warn him (or me lol)?

Edited to specify topic, content left unaltered. -KA101

Hey, let’s not discuss offtopic and this question épineuse is question.

[quote=“Sabre, post:1, topic:9103”][quote=“KA101, post:3, topic:9060”]I’m pretty sure we do have 'em, and they can electrify at people.

Seriously sick and tired of folks slurring misogyny all over the forum, incidentally.[/quote]

So if he instead said bastard; would you warn him (or me lol)?[/quote]Or what about fucker? Or jerk? Or dumbass? Or idiot? Or doodoo face? Or stupid head? Or not-nice person? At what point do we stop trying to not offend anyone and just act like grown-ups and roll with the punches?

BTW, I notice a lot of Christian bashing on this forum, does that mean religion is fair game?

[quote=“HunterAlpha1, post:3, topic:9103”][quote=“Sabre, post:1, topic:9103”][quote=“KA101, post:3, topic:9060”]I’m pretty sure we do have 'em, and they can electrify at people.

So if he instead said bastard; would you warn him (or me lol)?[/quote]Or what about fucker? Or jerk? Or dumbass? Or idiot? Or doodoo face? Or stupid head? Or not-nice person? At what point do we stop trying to not offend anyone and just act like grown-ups and roll with the punches?

BTW, I notice a lot of Christian bashing on this forum, does that mean religion is fair game?[/quote]

Nah its not the word in its self, its the connotation. I don’t want to start a debate or tread on anyone’s toes; but its fairly obvious that he’s(?) feminist.

No where in what you said was in any way misogynist, just slang for thin skinned (also word for female dog). I was just pointing out the possible double standard.

inb4 ban.

^ If this forum goes all GG I’m going to have to fuck off.

If the OP was like “blah blah ammo machines blah blah oh btw, I hate women”. THEN I can see the clear misogyny and justified warning, but here? No way man.

I’m just calling it how I see it.

In other news…inb4 ban. xD

Alright then, this thread can be locked now.

“Anti-Moderation”

Uhh wow, talk about take things again to the extreme; not everything is black and white.

All I did was back seat moderate a tiny bit by pointing out an absolutely unnecessary warning and possible double standard. [glow=red,2,300]-NEVER-[/glow] (guess I need to highlight it…) did I say moderating is bad and you should feel bad sigh. Its no wonder I tend to avoid posting on forums, but sometimes I just can’t help myself.

To reiterate I suppose…

Context, context is everything.

So using the word “bitch” in that context is “misogyny” now? Bahahahah, sure whatever. Dear diary, today I learned that I hate women. The news came as something of a surprise to me, but apparently in 2015 all language is defined by the most sanctimonious person in the room at a given moment.

Never change, DDAForum. Never change.

Saying bitch is misogynistic

laughing

So KA101 if I sig what you just deleted will you ban me?

inb4 this gets deleted

[quote=“yarse, post:12, topic:9103”]So KA101 if I sig what you just deleted will you ban me?

inb4 this gets deleted[/quote]

'Twas moved to the derail thread, as this will be.

Is your posting a request?

[quote=“KA101, post:13, topic:9103”]'Twas moved to the derail thread, as this will be.

Is your posting a request?[/quote]

Nah brus you just seem ban-happy.

That was my way of sussing out if you had deleted it for derailing, or because it offended you.

Edit -
This derail thread and the actual original thread seem poorly suited for The Bunker. This thread for obvious reasons and the original because OP seem to be soapboxing.

KA101 did seem to be on a “everything that has to do with NPCs will turn into rape” binge, but I think it’s been addressed and toned down. I didn’t see the original use of the word bitch in the original post, so I won’t comment on its use.

deadmerits, I’ve seen the mutation-category thread derailed (and subsequently derailed from that derail) by folks who wanted to use NPCs for medical experiments; dubious/nonexistent consent procedures were offered. Back in the day, my second forum argument here was against some jagoff who wanted rape camps installed in the game.

There are very few hard lines in DDA; that’s one of them. Not kidding around there. We’ve almost certainly got survivors on the forum and–statistically–probably a perpetrator as well, unfortunately. The behavior is Not Cool.

[quote=“yarse, post:14, topic:9103”][quote=“KA101, post:13, topic:9103”]'Twas moved to the derail thread, as this will be.

Is your posting a request?[/quote]

Nah brus you just seem ban-happy.

That was my way of sussing out if you had deleted it for derailing, or because it offended you.

Edit -
This derail thread and the actual original thread seem poorly suited for The Bunker. This thread for obvious reasons and the original because OP seem to be soapboxing.[/quote]

We’ve banned precisely one individual related to this whole kerfluffle, and that was for being completely asinine about it & driving at least one other member away.

Quit with the ban-baiting.