Ammo vending machines

Whelp, real life has finally caught up with CDDA!

And, of course, there are already whiny ass little bitches trying to get it banned.

Would be nice to have ammo vending machines in Cataclysm, give credit cards more use.

Of course, it would need some way of defense against lawless individuals who would simply smash the machine.

My money is on Corporate security robots that lie in a hibernating state next to the vending machine.

I’m pretty sure we do have 'em, and they can electrify at people.

Seriously sick and tired of folks slurring misogyny all over the forum, incidentally.

I am somewhat suprised that you didn t censor him ka.

Did the mods settle for another way to deal with this? Warnings infractions and the like?

Ammovendors would work well with relaxed gunlaws of the future.
Problem is zombies smashing the vendor despite security.
Maybe vendors should be tagged unsmashable?

I don t see z smashing to manny vending machines.
As theres z that can run through beton walls with no problem making them unsmashable wouldn t be realistic.
If it gets smashed your unlucky imo.

But perhaps place them behind an iron door and walls.

Ammo vendors would probably be tough steel boxes, not soda vendors.

Plus, zeds smashing them would be good for the player - free ammo.

Maybe a turret that triggers on alarm?

Something like the secu bots in labs or a turret yep. That would be good.

Just worried if zeds smashing vendor would make things a bit too easy for player?

[quote=“Valpo, post:4, topic:9060”]I am somewhat suprised that you didn t censor him ka.

Did the mods settle for another way to deal with this? Warnings infractions and the like?[/quote]
Yes, he’s been warned, and if he does it again he’ll be banned.

Theres quiet a few ways already the player can abuse z for his agenda-
If you can leed them somehow into attacking the vending machine then i see no reason why this shouldn t be allowed.

i am for realism.
If it is sensible its okay.

[quote=“Kevin Granade, post:10, topic:9060”][quote=“Valpo, post:4, topic:9060”]I am somewhat suprised that you didn t censor him ka.

Did the mods settle for another way to deal with this? Warnings infractions and the like?[/quote]
Yes, he’s been warned, and if he does it again he’ll be banned.[/quote]

Alright . That satisfys my curiousity :slight_smile:

The ammo vending machines in game are made from reinforced materials and really heavy. I usually have to drag them out to the street and hit them with a car to bust them open if I dont have a cash card.

I got a mental image of this happening now.

Awesome.

And all the ammo was looted in perfect condition therafter.

except for 1 stray bullet.

better practice that c4 toss for maximum yield next time.

By misogyny do you mean the word bitch?

Indeed. Don’t do it again.

[quote=“KA101, post:3, topic:9060”]I’m pretty sure we do have 'em, and they can electrify at people.

Seriously sick and tired of folks slurring misogyny all over the forum, incidentally.[/quote]

I don’t recall there being ammo vending machines. How common are they?

Or misogyny in the thread for that matter.