Rat Form Purifier and others?

I been thinking about mutation those days, I think since we have the mutagen that can make people mutate to designate form, how about we make the same as the Purifier?

as we know, the rat king has a special ability can cause people became a mouse form, to normal people, they can just simplely useing the purifier to cure it

but about the mutants, this may be messy, because there is a chance they may losing its own good mutations

so I think if someone can make a purifier that can cure designate form, like you make a rat form purifier, so you can cure the rat mutations and won’t worry about others

What ya say?

I’d say it’s totally the wrong direction.

The whole point of mutations is randomness, “mutation sets” shouldn’t be a thing. If you don’t want bad rat mutations, get bad [your threshold here] to replace them.

[quote=“Coolthulhu, post:2, topic:10440”]I’d say it’s totally the wrong direction.

The whole point of mutations is randomness, “mutation sets” shouldn’t be a thing. If you don’t want bad rat mutations, get bad [your threshold here] to replace them.[/quote]

I never said that mutations is not randomness, only thing I know is mutagen already have its own form version, it can make randomness on a controlable range, I just want to make the same as the purifier, there is noting wrong, you may change youself became a rat Mutant by useing the rat mutagen, but can’t change back with the rat purifier? what kind of sense about that?

Removing rat genes from a human wouldn’t cause “de-ratification” but death, as humans share like 98% genes with rats.

Is already 2040 years on the game for now, I pretty sure on that years, such little problem should already been solved, I know you try to make a realistic, but don’t forgot, there is also a science, if it does like what you said about the 98% genes, then why I am still alive if I use purifier on myself when I was turned? because that make game unplayable right? I get a opportunity for those who wish to play mutant to be a good one, if you can understand, make a deal, so this will become a mod to someone as they please.

I think i understand .
If you get mutations outside of your mutation category while already mutated through means like a yugg radiation or the rqadom sientist beam then theres no way to remove them without going through this:

Purify virtualy everything away as purifier tends to avoid purifying specificly what you want to get rid of then reaply the targeted mutagen.
A pure human could just use purifier…
How about we make targeted mutagen work like purifier on mutations outside of the category it targets? I know that might cause QQ when someone loses beneficial mutations from other categorys thatb way… but i mean its either targeted or random and hope that you ll get lucky…
Getting all the good mutations should have its drawbacks anyway… and beeing unable to purify baddies away targeted shouldn t be doable while retaining all good mutations from almost every category . One is fine though.

I think I recal that serums do have a chance to purify opposing mutations.
In general, this has been considered before and rejected, it would make manipulating what mutations you end up with much more reliable than intended.

The argument “it is year x” doesn’t work here. You have to provide a good examples from real life and reasons why would they result in this thing if you want to get anywhere with this argument.

Purifier turns you into a “pure human”. It doesn’t make you an “anti-mutant”.
It should probably get uncraftable, its description (and thus lore) conflicts with the recipe.

Sure, it would be ok as a mod.

Read “purifier” as “normal human mutagen” and it will make more sense why it is this way.

If the targeted mutagens have purifying effects on mutations outside the targets category then yeah that makes sense.

Since the Kevin already said it was rejected before, I think mabye there is no necessary to continue discuss, I only hope this can make a MOD to someone who need it.

[quote=“Kevin Granade, post:7, topic:10440”]I think I recal that serums do have a chance to purify opposing mutations.
In general, this has been considered before and rejected, it would make manipulating what mutations you end up with much more reliable than intended.[/quote]
AFAIK as part of any mutation towards a category there is an included chance to remove mutations that are not part of that category. (It was originally added to stop players from working toe imply acquire all of the good mutations, regardless of category, and make the category system a bit more important).