Purifier

Right now it looks like purifier is random. It may have a slightly better chance of taking off negative than positive mutations. That means if you get several mutations and then get 1 particularly bad one, your in trouble because you will probably loose lots of good ones to get rid of this. I understand the hardcare nature of doing this, but it makes the game ‘grindy’ and that isn’t fun for me. There are better ways to make the game harder.

Some suggested changes to purifier

1. increase the chance that purifier takes away more recently aquired mutations first. You can reduce this chance if you wait to take purifier. making it more dangerous to aquire mutations without spare purifier
  2. another type of purifier (that requires alot more ingredients and multiple high skill levels) that targets negative traits at a higher rate. Not sure of the ingredients, but it should be a significant amount of stuff. This can have a higher failure rate too. plus have a chance of injury while crafting. using this type of purifier increases your chance of acquiring negative traits for a period of time. its cummulative and the amount goes up with each use (but will drop down over time)
  3. a purifier that only removes random bad traits, has a high chance of failing, and a high chaince of hurting you and making you sick for a while. Also, increases your chance of aquiring negative traits over a positive ones for a period of time (that is cummulative).

to counter the issue with ‘mutation buff’.

1. you will die if you get too much radiation. Just like in Adom. you can only have so many total mutations. above a certain point you have a chance of just dying.
  2. game scales as you get stronger. I have suggested this before. This is a longer term solution. I like 2 modes one where the game gets harder as you get stronger and one where the game gets harder over time irregardless of whether you get stronger.

I don’t think purifier needs any changes because it’s already hardcore random when it takes away all of your good mutations and leaves only bad ones (i have had this happen to me) , so making special purifiers that targets bad mutations would make the mutation grinding way easier no matter how hard it is to craft it.

[quote=“youtoo, post:1, topic:2660”]1. you will die if you get too much radiation. Just like in Adom. you can only have so many total mutations. above a certain point you have a chance of just dying.
2. game scales as you get stronger. I have suggested this before. This is a longer term solution. I like 2 modes one where the game gets harder as you get stronger and one where the game gets harder over time irregardless of whether you get stronger.[/quote]

1. You can die by too much radiaton and you will probably die , but dying just because you have many cool mutations is unfair.
  2. Or as it is now. Game is as hard at the beginning as it’s at the end.
    But if you’re seeking for harder game , try dynamic spawn. It has increasing difficulty as you kill zed’s and if you combine it with glass jaw and hardcore traits , you got yourself what you’re looking for.

I like the idea of more types of purifier. I’m not sure about it targeting recently acquired mutations, however.

Personally the way that I’ve always thought of purifier is that it is the “human” mutagen, similar to how there are a bunch of other different mutagens like “beast” or “plant” mutagen, which is why it acts like it does.

We could have purifier that target mutation categories.