Raptor Proposal Working as intended?

According to the json files as far as I can tell, the only book in the whole game to bring cooking from 9-10 is Best Practices for compound delivery and training cooking 9-10 with recipes is impossible.

The Raptor Proposal requires cooking 10 (this is where it would seem not working to me) and brings skill to 10.

This is the only case of a book requiring a skill yet not training it. Surely it would make sense for this to be 9 required and brings skill to 10 as most other mutagens? (though they go 8 to 9).

(Playing latest experimental.)

Hmmm… i never saw that book, but i saw a few other high-end skill books that require a skill but don’t teach it. I think they were for “cooking” and mechanics, but i am not sure.
What is the Raptor Proposal? the book for raptor mutagen?

Yeah, it’s the raptor mutagen book. I’ve never been much into mutations, so I never bothered with it, but now that I think about it that was broken by an update somewhere along the line–you used to be able to train skills using wildly outdated recipes (e.g. training electronics to 10 by making flashlights, training fabrication to 10 by chopping down a tree and just cutting it up into a gazillion pointy sticks), but that’s been removed since at least .C, if not .B.

Nice catch!

Not certain if this is WASD or not.
If we just wanted a recipe book, that should be the way to do it, no?
Otoh it is inconsistent with everything else.