Random intermittent crash when walking over a vehicle frame

Can’t really reproduce reliably. Every time I try to make a reproducible save, I test it multiple times and do the same exact thing and sometimes it crashes sometimes it doesn’t.

It might have something to do with mobs or monsters or npcs nearby? Inventory? Weather? Seeds? Idk.

Here’s a worldoptions that it happened at least two times on.
https://dl.dropbox.com/s/gc2l4n030fq8bmg/worldoptions.json
version 5977, g13bd518, tiles x64 Windows 10,

What I do to trigger it: I would spawn a handjack, go right until it is off screen, then save and load. Then I just hold left until I enter the handjack’s square. Sometimes the game CTDs to desktop with nothing in the debug.log, other times it works fine. I have no idea what the difference is.

I noticed this on a modded save when I’d forget I left my handjack somewhere and then spend a while looting, come back and crash without saving when tripping over the handjack. Rip.
Tried in a vanilla modless world and it still happens.

Same here. Do the vehicles you use have any items in their inventory?

Stopped driving - game crashed

This sounds a little bit like what I’ve been seeing when walking over a shopping cart. Which in the game, says something about walking over a light vehicle frame (something like that)

I’ve been getting segfaults on recent experimentals (compiled a week ago, and then cloned it again about a day ago and recompiled with symbols for debugging with the same problem). I haven’t been walking over many other vehicle frames than shopping carts that I let go of, and then step onto the same tile without thinking. Actually I was storing several shopping carts inside my base until I realized that had do with the problems! My solution for now is to avoid walking onto carts (light vehicle frames) and move carts outside of my base so I don’t do that very often (I still manage to do it, although it doesn’t always cause the crash)

I know next to nothing about programming but I gave a go at generating a gdb backtrace and it always seems to have to do something with “reactor”, which is current a feature being developed heavily that involves vehicles (obviously not shopping carts normally, but vehicles in general which includes shopping carts)

Could be barking up the wrong tree here but wouldn’t be surprised if it was related

http://smf.cataclysmdda.com/index.php?topic=13800.0

Also should mention, if shopping carts are a vehicle (pretty sure they are), I started seeing the problem when wheeling carts absolutely full of inventory into my base. It was a lot of crashes for awhile. Almost all of the time if I stepped on them. I unloaded all of them onto floor tiles in the home and pushed the empty carts outside and have since only experienced the segfaults when I push a cart into a town, put items in it, release it (say I need to fight a zombie) and then step onto the cart because I’m not thinking the heat of the moment.

Also should mention, if shopping carts are a vehicle (pretty sure they are), I started seeing the problem when wheeling carts absolutely full of inventory into my base. It was a lot of crashes for awhile. Almost all of the time if I stepped on them. I unloaded all of them onto floor tiles in the home and pushed the empty carts outside and have since only experienced the segfaults when I push a cart into a town, put items in it, release it (say I need to fight a zombie) and then step onto the cart because I’m not thinking the heat of the moment.[/quote]
My APC was loaded with loot when I stepped into it’s entrance. It looks like something to do with vehicle weight or volume.