Question about modifying a tile

I’d like to make the cargo dimension from blazemod look like a standard cargo carrier when installed. What exactly is required to do this? Here is what I’ve done so far.

A) Look in blaze_test.json and see that the ID for the cargo dimension is “space_anomaly”.

B) Go to tile_config.json in the retrodays20 folder, since that’s the tileset I use.

C) Duplicate the entry for “vp_cargo_space” but change the ID to “space_anomaly” in this instance.

Result: The stabilized portal item required to install a cargo dimension now looks like a standard cargo carrier when dropped on the ground, but the actual installed cargo dimension is still a pink ascii O.

I notice that both the stabilized portal and the actual installed cargo dimension both have the same “space_anomaly” ID and I think that might be confusing things.

D) Go to blaze_test.json and change the ID for the cargo dimension to “vp_space_anomaly” to hopefully distinguish it from the stabilized portal.

E) Go back to tile_config.json in the retrodays20 folder and update the ID in my duplicated entry as well.

Result: Nothing, both the installed cargo dimension and the stabilized portal item look like ascii characters.

So what do I need to do to change the appearance of a vehicle part? What I’m doing is apparently good enough to change the displayed tile for the item, but not the actual installed vehicle part.

The vehicle part ids are prefixed with “vp_” in the tilesets. You have to

• copy the entry for “vp_cargo_space” in the tilset (as you did) and
  • change the “id” of the copy to “vp_space_anomaly”.

(Vehicle parts and items often have the same id, the prefix allows the tilesets to distinguish them.)

Thanks a lot! I was putting a vp_ where it didn’t belong.