Question about hunting and butchering improvements

I have a question connected with hunting. What additional hunting features are planned for future updates or 0.E? Will hunting / butchering be just polished, or changed into something that will be much more complex than ‘current’ hunting / butchering?

There’s no real plans because there aren’t any contributors really interested in that right now.

I would recommend, to the limit of your ability, contributing the changes you would like to see for hunting.

3 Likes

As far as archery and hunting is concerned, proper high-quality small game arrows that don’t pulp their target are going to be a thing relatively soon. I also have some interesting ideas for things like arrows that have a small light attached to make them easier to find at night, or small bullet cartridges mounted on an arrow that do extra damage on hit. Bird hunting arrows (which grab the target after they hit, making the end of the arrow stick up in the air afterwards) are also a possibility, but I’m not totally sure of how to implement it.

1 Like

Id love to know how the hell to butcher with a tree and rope

I believe you need to be next to the tree and have a long rope or long makeshift rope in your inventory.

I think it would be a good idea to get small amounts of raw fur or hide when butchering suitable small game, e.g. rabbits, cats, squirrels , raccoons etc.
(when I checked about half year ago, butchering of small animals produced only butchery refuse and scrap meat)

assuming there’s enough of the small corpse left, yeah, my brother poached a squirrel with a shotgun once, the only thing left was the tail, the rest vaporized into a fine red mist.

nope, even in current build. Long rope + tree + B = no worky

You need a flat surface too.

1 Like