Question about encumbrance and long island iced tea :)

Hello

Can someone please explain how this (encumbrance) works?
What i could understand from wikia is that it adds half (the number of items minus one) and the total encumbrance of those items. But this doesn’t always seems to be correct. For example, i have 1 jacket = 0 encumbrance ( it fits) and 1 trenchcoat, same, and 1 backpack = 1 encumbrance. So, my torso has 2 total encumbrance - ok, but my arms have also 2 encumbrance.

Also, for the legs, cargo shorts (-1) and cargo pants (0) give a total of 1 encumbrance

From the Wiki :
The formula appears to be T=((N-1)*(1/2)) + E, where

N — the number of items equipped on a given slot;
E — the total encumbrance of your equipment on a given slot

This is the second part of the topic, completely unrelated to the first : why can’t i make long island iced tea? I have all ingredients, also the skill required, yet it is grey in the crafting menu.
[URL=http://s1050.photobucket.com/user/Ferodaktyl/media/cdda/icedtea.jpg.html][/URL]

I have no idea, but I shall await an answer with interest.

For the encumbrance it is that you are wearing too many layers.
your encumbrance should look like this.

Body part (1) 2+3 =4 [5]
1: number of layers on body part
2: Encumbrance from clothing.
3: Encumbrance from layers.
4: Total encumbrance.
5: Warmth.

Some body parts have different layering scales. The second layer of clothing (jacket & trench) is causing that it’ll be listed as the third number in encumbrance.

Thank you for your answer.
So it depends on how many layers a body part can support.
For example, arms have 1 layer, and with only trenchcoat (0 encumbrance) the total encumbrance is
(1) 0 + 0 = 0
but when adding jacket (0 encumbrance) it becomes
(2) 0 + 2 = 2

What i don’t understand is the sudden jump from 0 to 2, logical it would be
(2) 0 + 1 = 1, because in the first case the supported layer was subtracted from encumbrance from layers.

Edit :
If i add another lether jacket (2 enc), it becomes
(3) 2 + 4 = 6, so it seems that any unsupported layer adds 2 to total encumbrance.

but it differs for the torso. torso can support 2 layers, and for each 2 extra layer it adds 1 enc to total.
example :
2 backpacks (1 layer + 1 enc each)
(2) 2 + 0 = 2
2 backpacks (1 layer + 1 enc each) + trenchcoat( 1 layer + 0 enc)
(3) 2 + 1 = 3
2 backpacks (1 layer + 1 enc each) + trenchcoat( 1 layer + 0 enc) + jacket (1 layer + 0 enc)
(4) 2 + 1 = 3 ----> so the light jacket adds nothing

i’m getting a little confused now :slight_smile:
why for arms it adds 2 enc for each extra layer beyond 1, and for torso 1 enc for each 2 layers beyond 2 ?
i’m almost afraid to go further :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“TaintedHolyWater, post:3, topic:888”]For the encumbrance it is that you are wearing too many layers.
your encumbrance should look like this.

Body part (1) 2+3 =4 [5]
1: number of layers on body part
2: Encumbrance from clothing.
3: Encumbrance from layers.
4: Total encumbrance.
5: Warmth.

Some body parts have different layering scales. The second layer of clothing (jacket & trench) is causing that it’ll be listed as the third number in encumbrance.[/quote]
Wikified. Thanks much.