Pokemon In Cataclysm

There’s no good reason for the request other than it’d be kind of hilarious, and also branch into another fandom for extra roleplaying fun. Zombie Pokemon anyone?

It’d provide extra appeal for people who are bored with the game or ran out of stuff to do, or just want to play the game differently.

Being able to apply medicines to NPC’s and creatures would be very necessary first, though.

There is a mod called Necromancy, which lets you revive zombies. There is also the fact that you can make zombie slaves (cut a zombie up so he cant hurt you anymore), you can also ‘controll’ differnet kinds of robots, and you have blobs which can be friendly.
Enough ‘pokemon’ like allies? :stuck_out_tongue:

Nope. I want a Pikachu. Or to shoot a zombie Pikachu. Or butcher a deceased Pikachu. That I may have created. With a shotgun.

Is this unhealthy? Because really I just want to shoot a Pokemon, or shoot a someone WITH a Pokemon. That’d be nice.

You lock eyes with the NPC

NPC turns hostile!

“Drop your weapon NOW!”

~Dododododododododododo~

A wild NPC appeared! Go, CHARIZARD!

CHARIZARD used FLAMETHROWER!

NPC is on fire!

NPC uses CROSSBOW!

Critical hit!

NPC is hurt by its burn

CHARIZARD used SLASH!

NPC has died

Victory! CHARIZARD has gained 500 EXP. points!

Level up! CHARIZARD is now Level 43!

I want this. How do?

[quote=“Eric, post:4, topic:10157”]You lock eyes with the NPC

NPC turns hostile!

“Drop your weapon NOW!”

~Dododododododododododo~

A wild NPC appeared! Go, CHARIZARD!

CHARIZARD used FLAMETHROWER!

NPC is on fire!

NPC uses CROSSBOW!

Critical hit!

NPC is hurt by its burn

CHARIZARD used SLASH!

NPC has died

Victory! CHARIZARD has gained 500 EXP. points!

Level up! CHARIZARD is now Level 43![/quote]

…I love you now?

As a mod, it’s completely doable with the deploy manhack system but for the pokemons.

But for mainline game? Please no, politely.

Add relevant items and creatures in jsons.
Write pokeball function (this one could be moderately hard, but if anyone seriously wanted to do it, I could give directions).
Add an “acquire xp” function in Creature class.
Modify death function to call this “acquire xp” on the killer.

That would be enough to have capturable and deployable monsters that could acquire xp for kills. This xp could make them evolve or something.

But then, we don’t have a good AI command system, so they’d be rather hard to control.

Unless you have badges.

And now I’m about to choke to death. Thanks Radial

You… you guys are serious? This sounds like ridiculously awesome mod material. Besides regular pokemon, In lieu of taking pictures of every monster in the game you could catch an example of every single one! I can see it now…

A wild Zombie Hulk appeared! Go Tank Bot! Tank Bot used 120mm Cannon, it’s Super Effective! Zombie Hulk fainted exploded!

Edit: Of course things like Flesh Angels and Amigara Horrors would be pseudo-legendaries.

[quote=“Shopkeeper, post:11, topic:10157”]You… you guys are serious? This sounds like ridiculously awesome mod material. Besides regular pokemon, In lieu of taking pictures of every monster in the game you could catch an example of every single one! I can see it now…

A wild Zombie Hulk appeared! Go Tank Bot! Tank Bot used 120mm Cannon, it’s Super Effective! Zombie Hulk fainted exploded!

Edit: Of course things like Flesh Angels and Amigara Horrors would be pseudo-legendaries.[/quote]
Well… That would be something. I would be too scared to want them. Also, they seem like the kind of cogitohazards that nobody would be able to deal with in an effective way.

Though that is something to consider in a mod for this. Can npcs be caught? Can normal zombies and other things?
Can I have a level 70 moose?

And then, do we want any of those things?

I really just want to pulp a Pikachu with a 12-gauge.

Which gives me an idea… Survivor Fried Pikachu, anyone?

I mean, if you want to kill them, the pokeball has a disturbing tendency(or did) to kill them outright(apparently pichu as implemented now is remarkably susceptible to pool ball like objects thrown at them).
Hey btw, if anyone knows how to make the json creatures and items, and wants pokemon, then go ahead and post them, I’m not going to make all 150+ without some contributions(also I’d just forget them) :frowning:

Anyway, the pokemon won’t make it in on their own, but I suspect that if you want to capture other creatures/npcs/yourself, the contributions I’m trying to make will come in handy. Also healing items, who wants to throw something to their dog and heal it? Everyone with a dog that they like, I suspect.