Plutonium Cell Sources?

What are some good sources for Plutonium Cells? Back around the time 0.C came out I had a character who found a lab room with a mi-go behind glass and a couple zombie scientists who created an unending supply of manhacks as a result. I would than kill some of the manhacks with my A7 for the rare chance of dropping a plutonium cell. Of course I’m not even sure if this glitch still works. Is there a way to make plutonium using a plutonium reactor on a military outpost? Can you get plutonium cells from Missile Silos?

Spider Pits are supposed to spawn them, weapons basements, Atomic Sports Cars, Lab Armories, Lab Finales, Occassional Mine Finales, etc.

Wasp houses, Black widow/cellar spider basements.

Zombie scientists only launch 3 manhacks each now, even if the scientists themselves are killed and come back.

I’ve been told that missile silos used to drop LOTS of plutonium when you shot them or such, but I don’t usually mess with them, and the only time I ever tried, it exploded A RIDICULOUS AMOUNT and killed a very well-armored survivor in one set of blasts (granted, the set was like 30+ explosions, all of them unbelievably large).

It is part of the ‘rare’ item group. And the ‘vault’, ‘helicopter’, ‘robots’, ‘electronics’, ‘npc_misc’ (this one has a LOT of items in it, so it will be very rare).

It can also drop from destroying, or deconstructing (*) the “missile” (t_missile) terrain, the “plutonium generator” (t_plut_generator)

The tank mod also adds a few vehicles in which they can spawn.

(I did a search for plut_cell).

*: some of these can be deconstructed, some destroyed, experiment.

There are a few lab computers that spawn manhacks (and other fun stuff) when you fail hacking them. I think the analyzer is a good bet for getting ‘friends’.

(added this 3 hacks info to the wiki btw).

You can still cheese eyebots for copbots. Pretty sure those drop plutonium and also superalloys.

Assuming it is the ‘robots’ droplist. You are prob right. I’ll check. Right, copbots drop [robots 4][copbot 1]. No idea if higher or lower is better.

Copbot:

["baton", 8], ["tazer", 3], ["kevlar_plate", 10], ["ceramic_armor", 15], ["tonfa", 10], ["shocktonfa_off", 5], ["alloy_plate", 10]

Robots

["processor", 15], ["RAM", 22], ["power_supply", 16], ["amplifier", 8], ["solar_cell", 5], ["transponder", 5], ["receiver", 10], ["antenna", 18], ["steel_chunk", 30], ["spring", 50], ["steel_lump", 30], ["kevlar_plate", 10], ["ceramic_armor", 15], ["motor", 2], ["battery", 50], ["plut_cell", 10]

Disassembling Power Storage CBMs will also yield Plutonium cells.

Copbots and Secubots don’t drop plutonium cells, believe me i’ve killed many over the last few days.

And Walegring is right, butcher shocker type zombies for CBM’s and there’s always a Power Storage CBM in the end that you could disassemble for a plutonium cell.

Atomic Sports Car has a plutonium reactor and might spawn with some fuel but i think once the reactor is active you can’t get back the fuel unless you smash it and irradiate yourself and possibly blow up and might not even get fuel back?

Well at least it has a fully charged storage battery i can take with me.

EDIT : i remember someone had found a lab and on the first floor down it had a room filled with nuclear warheads that you could dismantle for plutonium cells.

I know I’ve found cells in rat caves and sewers too. Though the sewer ones may have been a drop from something, I can’t remember.

They do. Look at Soyweiser’s post. The chances are pretty low, but they are there.

Each group/item has a chance of being picked equal to the value next to it divided by sum of all values in a “block”. Meaning the chance of getting plut cells from a copbot is [(4/5) * 10/(~300)] so roughly 2.5% per bot. 1 per 40 is low, but a good cheese farm will make them drop a lot.

For example, you can get an energy turret on top of a car, trap an eyebot within the car, activate the turret and hold 5. Could be optimized by keeping the eyebot behind a panel and in the darkness so that it can see you but you can’t see it. This would allow you to craft and read while the turret grinds bots.

Must of missed the plut_cell in the list.

The analyzer is the only “safe” one (it can also shock you, so not REALLY safe…) - the others can drop secubots, instead, which tends to end very badly.

[quote=“X-PLODE, post:8, topic:12303”]Copbots and Secubots don’t drop plutonium cells, believe me i’ve killed many over the last few days.

And Walegring is right, butcher shocker type zombies for CBM’s and there’s always a Power Storage CBM in the end that you could disassemble for a plutonium cell.

Atomic Sports Car has a plutonium reactor and might spawn with some fuel but i think once the reactor is active you can’t get back the fuel unless you smash it and irradiate yourself and possibly blow up and might not even get fuel back?

Well at least it has a fully charged storage battery i can take with me.

EDIT : i remember someone had found a lab and on the first floor down it had a room filled with nuclear warheads that you could dismantle for plutonium cells.[/quote]

I forgot about the nuke one - yeah, that’s a good source (usually 40+).

I found a way to get plutonium out of a minireactor (since you can’t reinstall it with it in there): make something with the plutonium, with that as your nearest (or only) source of it. Power storage CBM is usually easiest, and you can disassemble it after.

Yeah, in my experience disassembling Power Storage CBMs is defintely the most reliable source of plutonium cells short of manhacks. Finding a stockpile of Mininukes as a Lab Finale or deconstructing a Missile Silo warhead are the quickest jackpot finds though.

cough Bug cough

Yes, but I mainly want the Plutonium to make more Power Storage. One can never really have too much power storage :slight_smile:

Did a bit of messing around with the missile tile, which is found in missile silos.
I can’t deconstruct the missile so I just blew it up. Game crashes.
I went to the wild and debugged in a single tile and blew it up. Not plutonium cells found, unless i also blew it up.

Bank safe’s can drop them too. Pretty easy to get into them with a jackhammer.

I found a Rm13 armor suit in 1 safe and 5 plutonium in another. Decent armor too since you can resize it. I’d say way better than power armor for functionality.

Yes, but I mainly want the Plutonium to make more Power Storage. One can never really have too much power storage :)[/quote]

Ah, I was thinking you were looking for them for one of the refugee center missions.

cant you just use small storage batteries to make ups, and ups to make bionics?

He wants Power Storage CBM, which requires plutonium cell in addition to UPS.