Please remove gun modification pluses in the main hud!

Oh well then I dislike that idea.

There /is/ a reason we switched over from an arbitrary hard-limit on mods to a locational limit…

Seems to me that the solution should be more a simple reduction in number of mod slots than a hardcoded limit (because is the number that’s currently available actually realistic?).

That said it’s probably also a good UI thing to just limit it to +X, as was suggested earlier.

[quote=“i2amroy, post:23, topic:7596”]Seems to me that the solution should be more a simple reduction in number of mod slots than a hardcoded limit (because is the number that’s currently available actually realistic?).

That said it’s probably also a good UI thing to just limit it to +X, as was suggested earlier.[/quote]

The system could probably stand a rebalance, but just limiting the UI to “Damage Gun+ (ammo)” would probably be best

I think the best way to handle this is just to tweak the slot values in the json files on a case by case basis for weapons that seem overloaded. I think most of them are actually ok as-is; most weapons only allow one mod in any particular slot anyway, so even if a gun has a lot of mods, they’re not being placed un-realistically. Mods are also already restricted in what types of guns they’re compatible with. Even though a pistol has an underbarrel slot, it can’t use a M203 grenade launcher, only an underbarrel laser sight.

Also, a lot of the mods are for things that replace pieces of the original gun, like conversion kits or replacement stocks. We should actually think about adding some flags for mods that don’t actually add their weight or volume to guns they’re attached to (since they replace original pieces of the gun, which get removed). This would also let us add mods like collapsing stocks, that reduce a gun’s volume.

As for the original topic, I like the idea of just having a +x addition to the name in the hud. It’s small, it’s informative, and it’s cool in an old D&D sort of way.

One thing I’m thinking of is removing the “conversion” mods altogether in favor of the different-item system I used in the L523: guns that are Disassembled and then crafted (using part packs, and you can get the parts back when disassembling) into other guns.

This would be more realistic and reduce the amount of mod-slots needed. Thoughts?

I like it.

[quote=“KA101, post:26, topic:7596”]One thing I’m thinking of is removing the “conversion” mods altogether in favor of the different-item system I used in the L523: guns that are Disassembled and then crafted (using part packs, and you can get the parts back when disassembling) into other guns.

This would be more realistic and reduce the amount of mod-slots needed. Thoughts?[/quote]
Now this is a sweet idea.

Have it be in the options menu.

Vanilla behavior. All the pluses.
Limited. Only one plus, no matter how many mods are attached.
NOPE mode. No pluses. OH NO!

The dozen +'s are useless and most/all have said as much. No matter how many mods it has you still have to examine it to see what those mods are. Just squeeze it down to one plus. It’s necessary no matter how you rework the system since a gun with a flashlight on it does not change its make or model but it’s certainly not stock.

An easy solution would be Glock+1, Glock+5, Glock+8, etc.

But pointless. At a glance it doesn’t really matter if it’s your Glock with Laser or your Glock with laser and spare mag. Out of morbid curiosity does anyone here keep Gun A with one set of mods and Gun A with a different set of mods? Or am I just weird in that I detach mods when I’m not using the gun so I can use it on other guns.

As a gun nut, THIS IS NOT WHAT I SET OUT TO DO…

But pointless. At a glance it doesn’t really matter if it’s your Glock with Laser or your Glock with laser and spare mag. Out of morbid curiosity does anyone here keep Gun A with one set of mods and Gun A with a different set of mods? Or am I just weird in that I detach mods when I’m not using the gun so I can use it on other guns.[/quote]

Most people are in favor of the +X just for the cool factor, there is 0 reasons to have 2 differently modded guns, honestly the current mod system is balanced imo, we just need a single plus to indicate its modded. Maybe just the conversion system needs to be reworked?