Piles of Rubble

Make sure you manage what you dig then I suppose. It could also just be wreckage and not rubble as I haven’t tested rubble as thoroughly.

Damn, it appears fire destroyed everything but nails in the refugee center. :frowning: Digged out like two rooms where all the fighting happened and nothing but bunch of nails and fire resistant gloves (hey they actually work!!). Also digged two crash sites and found 1 MBR with Kevlar inside which fits me. Other than that - nothing. That’s probably because I have item spawn set at 0.15 because at this rate all random bodies I find contain nothing. Like gang members or scientists. There are no actual bodies spawned. Just blood and meth from gangs (there’s always meth, I don’t know why) and couple of cloth items from scientists.

Upon further inspection of the clearing wreakage mechanic. It seems to only increase your hunger and thirst if you use a stone shovel instead of a proper shovel.

I use entrenching tool and it ticks my hunger and thirst as well.

That would actually be a good thing, I think. Entrenching tool should not just be “works exactly as well as a full sized shovel, but doesn’t take up as much space” because then, full-sized shovels wouldn’t be made anymore.

“Able to do everything a full sized shovel can do, but just takes a bit more effort” sounds just right, actually, which is what I assume the hunger/thirst penalty is meant to simulate?

Sure, I’m not opposed to that, was just adding another fact to previous science article :slight_smile:

That would actually be a good thing, I think. Entrenching tool should not just be “works exactly as well as a full sized shovel, but doesn’t take up as much space” because then, full-sized shovels wouldn’t be made anymore.

“Able to do everything a full sized shovel can do, but just takes a bit more effort” sounds just right, actually, which is what I assume the hunger/thirst penalty is meant to simulate?[/quote]
Entrenching tools are meant to be used when you are laying on the ground. Regular shovels are meant to be used standing.