Clearing rubble with vehicles

Is it possible? If so, how, and what does the vehicle need?

Currently impossible, so far as I know.

Some form of bulldozer attachment that could clear rubble AND push other vehicles (at low speeds) without being destroyed yourself would be a GREAT thing.

i know vehicle scoop exist but i never tried using it so i dont know if it can pickup ruble.

shovels are pretty quick

I tried modding this a while back by modding the rubble furniture to collide with the scoop and needing little strength to ‘break’ it. It worked mostly but was slow and, when clearing rubble from destroyed buildings, still cause roof collapses (destroying my vehicle)so I ended up throwing the mod out.

I use a shovel now, though it causes me to eat more.

Ideally I would love to see a shovel attachment that just pushes stuff to the sides (if possible). Like those snowpushers.

We could even easily enough implement different types of rubble, with larger piles of rubble being harder to move through (or blocking movement), and taking longer time to manually shovel clean.

Some suggestions for devs ;

Metal Wreckage should be unburied/uncovered by the magnetic thingie CBM.

Stone Rubble should be smashable with a sledgehammer or something similarly bashy like a mace and maybe leave behind pebbles and a stone.

Rubble disappearing into /dev/null, when shoveled, kinda bothers me tbh. Where does the matter go?

Rubble disappearing into /dev/null, when shoveled, kinda bothers me tbh. Where does the matter go?[/quote]

Obviously need “t_landfill” so we can fill lakes/rivers and “t_chat_pile” to create fun things for our descendants to play on and get lead poisoning.

Sorta joking, sorta not as clearing rubble from a large building should take one person quite some time as that’s a lot of crap to move and you have to put it somewhere.

[quote=“Kedryn, post:9, topic:12342”]Obviously need “t_landfill” so we can fill lakes/rivers and “t_chat_pile” to create fun things for our descendants to play on and get lead poisoning.

Sorta joking, sorta not as clearing rubble from a large building should take one person quite some time as that’s a lot of crap to move and you have to put it somewhere.[/quote]

Packed rubble could work. As in, rubble that is still in the way (move penalties, but less), usable stuff from the rubble has been put up top, etc. But then how do we change the packed rubble into buildable normal land. The problem remains… argh… what a mess.

Rubble disappearing into /dev/null, when shoveled, kinda bothers me tbh. Where does the matter go?[/quote]

Obviously need “t_landfill” so we can fill lakes/rivers and “t_chat_pile” to create fun things for our descendants to play on and get lead poisoning.

Sorta joking, sorta not as clearing rubble from a large building should take one person quite some time as that’s a lot of crap to move and you have to put it somewhere.[/quote]

Christ no. I don’t need to spend a minute of real time moving an inventory full of rubble from one spot to another. It adds nothing to the game but tedium, and there is already sufficient gameplay malus for clearing rubble (Exhausting work, burns through food and water, still takes a decent amount of time).