Personal opinions on Y/N prompt and "ask to save before sleep" options?

Was wondering if anyone other than me despises capital Y/N prompts and enjoys being asked to save before sleep… I personally always change these every time I download a new version. I dislike the capital prompts because it involves using an extra key, and I’ve never accidentally hit y or n and ruined my life.

Also don’t see the harm in the save before sleep being enabled by default instead of disabled… All it does is adds a “s” key option to the list in between y or n in response to “Are you sure you want to sleep?”… More than that, seems like it could be enabled permanently and removed from the options list entirely… unless I’m missing some key point in having it disabled??

Why not just leave it as an option? People who want it on turn it on, and people who want it off turn it off.

[quote=“moist_zombie, post:1, topic:3328”]Was wondering if anyone other than me despises capital Y/N prompts and enjoys being asked to save before sleep… I personally always change these every time I download a new version. I dislike the capital prompts because it involves using an extra key, and I’ve never accidentally hit y or n and ruined my life.

Also don’t see the harm in the save before sleep being enabled by default instead of disabled… All it does is adds a “s” key option to the list in between y or n in response to “Are you sure you want to sleep?”… More than that, seems like it could be enabled permanently and removed from the options list entirely… unless I’m missing some key point in having it disabled??[/quote]

I think the same way as you… it does nothing, it just stands there… if you want, press it, if no, well, just sleep directly. I think it should be permanent, for comfort reasons.

I agree that the ‘ask to save before sleep’ should be permanent.

Capital Y/N is a pretty good safety-catch, and I typically did a manual save when I felt that was essential. If the sleep-save only adds another option, such that s>S saves without breaking game flow, yeah, that’s a convenience.

Leave the safety options as is, mild support for the sleep option.

I like the idea of having the option in the sleep dialogue. So
Sleep?
Yes
No
Save and Sleep.

But having it on by default I dont agree with. I like it being an option in the menu. I never put it on because after a while it can take a while for my laptop to perform the saves… No longer than a minute, but, it would suck if it saved automatically every time I tried to get to sleep with my Insomniac… Saving and then failing to get to sleep… the time would add up.

I’m pretty sure there is a “force capital Y/N” option that when turned off makes it so that lowercase y/n works as well.