Permanent Base Locations

[quote=“Shadowchaser, post:40, topic:4133”]Ekarus…

I think we’re going to need to have a talk, mister.

You know how previous versions didn’t have as many cars?

That’s because your gigantic ass vehicles are going back in time and taking them from previous versions. Eventually you’re going to catch up to current.

That’s right. You are retroactively removing cars from history by building vehicles that big![/quote]

Little do you know the RMCC travels space and time as well.

I’ve been building mobile bases for a while, and my general technique is to build it somewhere, clear the area around me for mobility by dismantling all the vehicles in the region, then moving them to the side when it’s light enough to do so. After i’m set, I bring my Mobile base through the city, clearing block by block and sledgehammering vehicles that get in my way if necessary.

My goal is to one day get a 10K killcount.

You do know that car-ramming things don’t count for your kill count right?

I could be wrong, but it’s happened to me.

Repairing my damaged vehicle bores the hell out of me. If it was the size of a house, I’d probably just quit playing.

[quote=“FunsizeNinja123, post:43, topic:4133”]You do know that car-ramming things don’t count for your kill count right?

I could be wrong, but it’s happened to me.[/quote]Actually they count.

I like LMOE shelters, personally. Though I usually go with “thematic” survivors now. The theme is either based on the profession or whatever unique buildings are available at spawn.

I like the Aero Evaporator Bionic. I can pretty much live anywhere, provided there’s some wildlife to hunt.

Yeah, the water draining bionics are sort of weird. One allows you to drain an ocean’s worth of fresh water from a single squirrel corpse, the other allows you to do the same from thin air. That said once you have the skills to install them water is almost certainly not going to be a problem, anyway.

Farms are where it’s at, IMHO. Easy to find, pretty nice defenses already installed (barbed wire fences), AND you have a garage with metal doors for some reason instead of normal wooden doors in 0.9. Assuming you’re near a river, or have some vehicle that runs without gas to get you to one, water will also never be a problem.

Plenty of wildlife also wander there so food is also taken care of. Bears are also never a problem if you have rags at hand. Maybe a few dozen.