Pedal Power OP?

If I read the wiki right, foot crank has a power output of 45, scaled based on strength.
That is enough to run 1.6 of the 7500 watt generators. So one pedal maniac outputs 12,053 watts continuously?

Crazy high, a standard human can manage to pedal about 100w for as long as they could jog briskly, or about 250w for as long as they could sprint. Our heroes may have the strength of ten, but ten dozen seems a bit much.

Should this be scaled way back?

DISREGARD that I hadn’t run any tests.

A strength 14 character can pedal a set of foot cranks hooked up to a generator pretty much continuously. Mind, the time spent doing that nothing else is being done, but hey unlimited battery power.

I think the issue here isn’t so much foot cranks being OP but the power requirements of the generator being way too low.

Ah but im not sure but does stamina now drop to silly levels resulting in no output?

Stamina never dropped below 4 bars in 3 hours of pedaling.

Raise the Power Requirements of the generators and you also have to increase the power generated by all types of motors, or normal car motors would suffer greatly by a simple car alternator. And the ‘better’ engines and motors are able to push around several tons of vehicle without any problems.

Raise the Power Requirements of the generators and you also have to increase the power generated by all types of motors, or normal car motors would suffer greatly by a simple car alternator. And the ‘better’ engines and motors are able to push around several tons of vehicle without any problems.[/quote]

I was thinking the 7.5kw generators specifically. That’s a pretty large generator, it’s never something found attached to the power train of a vehicle (possible exceptions through PTOs may exist, but if you’re running a PTO capable of getting full potential out of a generator you’re running a damned big engine). Increased power requirement of say -75 (currently -32) would put it out of use on foot cranks by all but the strongest survivors while still allowing it to be run off a v-twin engine.

Now I want an NPC to be able to be told to pedal on the generator… Day in Day out… the pedal slave.

Or just lure a zed into a big hamster wheel.