Morale boost : some tips?

Hello guys :slight_smile:

I’m trying to lvl up some of my fight-skill, but my morale drop so quickly that I end usually doing nothing for a while to let it come back. (I have ant, fungus and slime in the same spot soooo it’s not hard to find a target)

I usually use my harmonica to get some music buff (up to +33) or MP3 if I have enough battery (up to +50)

I also found a vibrator, but it cost 20min, some battery, and worst, increase sleepiness. (+80, could stack) So not really useful for this.

There is also a game watch, that’s cool, but the bonus drop so quickly for the time needed to get it … still not something useful.

I have yet to try most food because it’s a bit complicated to make some (not even talking about the fermenting part, I don’t know how to use it) and usually fall into using granola or smoked meat.

So, here the question, what do you guys use to get some morale boost ?

edit : whoops, forgot to say I’m talking about using the experimental.

MP3! Booze! Smores! Weed!
By your powers combined I am Captain America Planet Britain Picard!

Mix your booze up. one shot of wodka, one whiskey/rum etc.
Food: Smores. Candy + crackers = enough morale to win world war 2 twice over.
Weed: Good shit, man.

Take a shot of atomic coffee

Use your ahem ‘back massager’

Depending on your mutations…get wet

Wear and play your best instrument/listen to MP3/Stereo

scarf down some drugs or high quality comfort food

These things should help you keep happy.

The important thing to remember is that you can only benefit from 3 (IIRC) of the same exact thing, but there’s no limit to how many things, SO…

Candy is a REALLY easy thing to stack (if you don’t mind the health hit) - eat 3 of every candy type, and you’ve got a pretty good bonus going.

That said, about the only thing I ever bother with is the MP3 player, and even then, only when I’m trying to level the stuff that is really mega time consuming or resource intensive to level (like the higher levels of electronics, if you fail and waste materials, for instance). Combat pretty much takes care of itself over time.

(I do put some effort into levelling dodge, but that has more to do with getting the right enemy and just letting it attack you for long periods of time - the cyborg in the labs, or a lone boomer that you lure far away from any other zombies, for instance… stuff that doesn’t ever BITE and that does low enough damage that it’s almost never going to hurt you.)

Just march into battle playing the bagpipes…

I prefer my kevlar reinforced Ukelele named ‘Tiny Tim’s Wet Dream’

'Tiny Tim's Wet Dream'

Putting those four words together probably put you on a list somewhere…

[quote=“Logrin, post:7, topic:10794”]

‘Tiny Tim’s Wet Dream’

Putting those four words together probably put you on a list somewhere…[/quote]

It’s a shame everyone’s dead anyways.

I prefer my kevlar reinforced Ukelele named ‘Tiny Tim’s Wet Dream’[/quote]

lmao WHY would you name it that?

[quote=“deknegt, post:8, topic:10794”][quote=“Logrin, post:7, topic:10794”]

‘Tiny Tim’s Wet Dream’

Putting those four words together probably put you on a list somewhere…[/quote]

It’s a shame everyone’s dead anyways.[/quote]

The eyebots are watching you carefully.

I have the answer for that:

Comic books and weed.

Does gourmand still lead to massive levels of focus-hocus-pocus?

I’d imagine, since morale from different foods stacks. You can multiply this with either a heavier eating mutation, artifacts that cause hunger OR running your bionics off calories…

Hell I didn’t know I could make some atomic coffee. Quite useful.

@deoxy

the problem is, i’m at 2 focus all the time, so basically i’m fighting for nothing.

Gonna try to stack food then - candy. I think I saw a school nearby, gonna gimme some sugar.

You’re consistently at 2 focus? Unless you’re suffering some extreme morale penalties or other strange circumstances I’m inclined to think that’s a bug.

I’m fighting into a swarm of ant, fungus and mostly blob, so i take hit from 8 side and attack with a weapon that give me melee, cutting, bashing. that’s 4 skills, it can eat a lot of focus.

Point taken. I found wading into blob hordes with a punch dagger to be a good way to grind unarmed. Unarmed, melee, and piercing skill IIRC. Estilofusion shows bash damage, so maybe that too?

http://cdda-trunk.estilofusion.com/punch_dagger

I like using the Mp3 player all the livelong day with optimist and fast learner on most characters. Whistle while you work, you know?

I find piercing skill pretty much useless. I rely only on bashing (because of hight str car i have) and cutting (because lot of good weapon have cutting)

Small weapon like punch dagger, nail knuckle and other stuff like this usually got destroyed really fast and loose the reinforced bonus.

Atm I’m using a survivor machete. If I find some good martial art, i’ll switch to one and may go unarmed at this point if it’s required.

It only cost me 42 move per attack with a quick strike (happen a LOT) so it’s way enough quick anyway.

[quote=“Oragepoilu, post:19, topic:10794”]I find piercing skill pretty much useless. I rely only on bashing (because of hight str car i have) and cutting (because lot of good weapon have cutting)

Small weapon like punch dagger, nail knuckle and other stuff like this usually got destroyed really fast and loose the reinforced bonus.

Atm I’m using a survivor machete. If I find some good martial art, i’ll switch to one and may go unarmed at this point if it’s required.

It only cost me 42 move per attack with a quick strike (happen a LOT) so it’s way enough quick anyway.[/quote]

Piercing is SO MUCH more useful when you’re fighting higher level zombro’s. Bashing is great on lower levels because stuff like baseball bats, (makeshift) crowbars, and quarterstaffs have high to-hit ratios and give quite a nice chunk of bash damage, but I can attest that fighting brutes and even hulks is infinitely more easier when you got a good ol’ spear.

If you have high piercing/melee skill combined with a good stabby weapon, then you can get huge crits against zombies. Even without high stats.
Only issue is that there aren’t a lot of phenomenal stabby weapons which in turn hampers piercing damage.

But seriously, if you’re going with killing shit then piercing is the way to go. Once your level is high you craft a couple of sheaths and you can go play knifey-spooney with hulks.