O.C 4011 keeps crashing

As the title says, game randomly crashes. It says something to the effect of “a C++ error caused tiles to quit working” or something like that. The only random mod I’m using is Artyom’s Gun Emporium mod and it has never caused any issues.
Should I just download a newer experimental? The only reason I’m worried is that there is some new features (LOVE the new lighting now that I got used it) and I don’t know if it is something that I’ll continue running into.
Thanks for all the help.

[quote=“Jarlaxlejr, post:1, topic:11061”]As the title says, game randomly crashes. It says something to the effect of “a C++ error caused tiles to quit working” or something like that. The only random mod I’m using is Artyom’s Gun Emporium mod and it has never caused any issues.
Should I just download a newer experimental? The only reason I’m worried is that there is some new features (LOVE the new lighting now that I got used it) and I don’t know if it is something that I’ll continue running into.
Thanks for all the help.[/quote]

If you find some specific conditions which always triggers the crash, please create an issue about it on https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/issues/new . If you have a save file that always crash, it can be helpful to include it in the issue.

One of the first step to resolve issues like this is to reproduce the problem.

Do you play with a lot of zombies?
Would you suspect that the crashes relate to nearby buildings’ roofs collapsing due to zombies wrecking them?
Because I do. I’m (still) on 0.C-3984, and I gotta say I’ve had more crashes than ever. Always ends with “Visual C++ terminating in an unusual way”.

[quote=“BeerBeer, post:3, topic:11061”]Do you play with a lot of zombies?
Would you suspect that the crashes relate to nearby buildings’ roofs collapsing due to zombies wrecking them?
Because I do. I’m (still) on 0.C-3984, and I gotta say I’ve had more crashes than ever. Always ends with “Visual C++ terminating in an unusual way”.[/quote]

^ That’s the error code!
Also as to your question, no I go with the default settings besides black listing fungals. I don’t know even have z-levels/tall buildings enabled.
I gave up and deleted it and downloaded a newer experimental. No problems since.

Oh, OK. Do you usually use your vehicle as your mobile base? I do, and I keep wondering if all the hundreds/thousands of items I drag through the game world 150mph is the thing that breaks the game engine. It certainly feels like I get more crashes the further the game advances = the more loot I keep piling. Or could it be related to the vehicle size and the number of vehicle parts installed?

Anyone still reading this, if you use sounds, try removing them. I’ve been playing like a total of 12 hours without sounds and have not had a single crash since, which is super suspicious at the very least. So, do the reverse thing of installing the sound files.

Have you tried upgrading? There have been a lot of crash bugs fixed since 4011. We are up to 405X now