0.C-9181-g2f23da2 crash when moving across road

theres a road that whenever i cross, the game crashes, like, right when i past the yellow markings in the middle ( i think) im playing with some mods, but have never ever encountered this. im a bit of a ways away from spawn, might that be the cause of it?

There’s not enough information to give an answer. You’ll need to supply a save file with a list of the mods. Maybe your debug.log to start, it’s in the config directory. You could also try your save in the latest experimental, see if it still crashes.

Hello 123nick,

The fact that you are far from your initial spawn location is most likely not the cause of the problem. Check out How to Report Bugs Effectively.

In order to help you solve this problem, we need as much details as possible to be able to reproduce the problem on our own. Providing your save files is a good start but it will most likely not be enough. We would most likely need your save files and a detailed listing of the next steps needed to reproduce the problem from the start of that save game.

alright, im using alot of mods,- heres from the mods.json in the save folder: “Medieval_Stuff”,
“More_Survival_Tools”,
“nw_pack”,
“Experimental-Z-Level”,
“more_locations”,
“blazemod”,
“Tanks”,
“deoxymod”,
“Arcana”,
“necromancy”,
“Weapon_Attachments_Mode”,
“sac”,
“Survivor_Mod”,
“NM_wpns”,
“Bio_Weapon_Mod”,
“Arts’ Guns”,
“cddaxp”,
“Slow_Zombies”,
“no_reviving_zombies”,
“FIC_Weapons”,
"ew_pack"
some of them im not 100% sure what exact mod there fro, but cant be too hard to find out.

oh, and here is a link for the debug .log: https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=3315713F440A6017!604&authkey=!ADZlVab7a2TzNaI&ithint=file%2Clog

and here is link to the saved world: https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=3315713F440A6017!605&authkey=!AIQAe9Cejq_XjGk&ithint=file%2Crar
too recreate, just move up and then north west, going past the tough zombie that will be north, by like, not too many tiles.

I tested your save with the most recent version of bio-weapon mod, Expansion mode, Survivor mod, Artyom’s mod and using windows 64bit tiles build 0.C-9502-g7088d57 (#4226). It froze for a moment just past the tough zombie you mention, but it recovered.

Try updating everything?

[quote=“Malkeus, post:5, topic:11268”]I tested your save with the most recent version of bio-weapon mod, Expansion mode, Survivor mod, Artyom’s mod and using windows 64bit tiles build 0.C-9502-g7088d57 (#4226). It froze for a moment just past the tough zombie you mention, but it recovered.

Try updating everything?[/quote]

i would, but the mode expansion thingy, the newest updates have this magazine system which i dont exactly want, and i asked him if hell make a version without the magazine system on his forums, hasnt replied yet, but i guess i could update the mods, even though im pretty sure there not whats causing it, because i think i downloaded them sorta recently. but ill try.

also, in my world i have item spawn multiplied by 10 x, and monster half life is 0.01, although i dont think those effect it.

I think the most effective upgrade would be to cataclysm itself, the expansion mode mod could be left at whatever version you prefer.

alright, any way for me too simply drop n drag in the stuff from build 4213 into the folder ocnteinging build 4198 or whatever i have, so its not nearly as difficult to update cataDDA while keeping my config files and such intact? its always been a pain for me, updating like that.

You may be interested in the cataclysm launcher/updater here. Very handy, one button updating, keeps all old configs, mods and saves. Check the box to not move/copy saves to speed things up by a lot.

well, that wouldve been useful, if i havent already updated all the mods and etc just a few minutes earlier :stuck_out_tongue: but i still have the same problem, i think that its actually passed the yellow line, and just passing south or getting close to the bank north west seems to crash it instead. can u try it, see if the save works? again? because its not just crossing the yellow line? thanks in advance.

I traveled all over that town and the vicinity to see if something would happen. I’ll try it again real quick, I’m on a different computer now, maybe that will make a difference…

5 minutes later:
I traveled northwest across the town with no crashes or even freezes this time (this PC is slightly better than mine, and running windows 8). I encountered a hulk north by northwest of the bank and was subsequently tossed through several walls and then beaten to death…
Sorry, can’t duplicate it. The way it froze for a moment on my home pc coupled with the huge number of (GROUP_SEWER) and (GROUP_CHUD) failures in the debug.log makes me think it might be overwhelming your pc? What are you running the game on? Does the game actually crash or just lock up?

[quote=“Malkeus, post:11, topic:11268”]I traveled all over that town and the vicinity to see if something would happen. I’ll try it again real quick, I’m on a different computer now, maybe that will make a difference…

5 minutes later:
I traveled northwest across the town with no crashes or even freezes this time (this PC is slightly better than mine, and running windows 8). I encountered a hulk north by northwest of the bank and was subsequently tossed through several walls and then beaten to death…
Sorry, can’t duplicate it. The way it froze for a moment on my home pc coupled with the huge number of (GROUP_SEWER) and (GROUP_CHUD) failures in the debug.log makes me think it might be overwhelming your pc? What are you running the game on? Does the game actually crash or just lock up?[/quote]

i think it crashes? it has the not responding thingy, then soon after- it asks me if i want to debug it using the windows visualizer program, which i dont. but i AM using windows 10, so that may be the cause. maybe ill try running it in compatability mode, or as admin but idk what could ever be causing this strange error.

edit: compatability mode for windows 8 didnt do anything, neither did administrator mode. :confused:

edit: using windows “just in time” debuger says its a unhhandled win32 exception, if that means anything.

anyone have any idea on how to fix? is it a windows 10 bug?

You said you have item spawn 10x, maybe there is a lrage collection of items underground.

123nick can you provide me with a zip of your mods as well. Just zip [tt]data/mods[/tt]. I’ll check it out.

alright, here. it was once a .rar file, but i just changed the .rar to .zip so i hope it works. : https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=3315713F440A6017!606&authkey=!AMHyY5pnSAcnrt0&ithint=file%2Czip

edit: changed download link slightly, try it again if the old one didnt work.

There seems to be a problem with the generation of the [tt]hunting shop[/tt] from the Expansion mod by AKnifeInTheDark. Let me see if I can find out more.

I’ve reported the bug to the mod author: http://smf.cataclysmdda.com/index.php?topic=11823.msg265168#msg265168 .

[quote=“rremyroy, post:17, topic:11268”]There seems to be a problem with the generation of the [tt]hunting shop[/tt] from the Expansion mod by AKnifeInTheDark. Let me see if I can find out more.

I’ve reported the bug to the mod author: http://smf.cataclysmdda.com/index.php?topic=11823.msg265168#msg265168 .[/quote]

can i like, safely remove it from the .json if i can without too much trouble?

It does not cost much to try it but I doubt it will solve the problem. If you remove the mod, and replace the hunting shop from the world map, it might generate something else instead and prevent the crash. Check out the debug menu for that.