NPC Crash

Having several NPCs on guard packed in a room with no empty tiles and no exit causes the game to crash.
I’m guessing there’s some sort of infinite loop, where the NPCs continuously displace each other on movement.

Also, I’m a terrible person.

[quote=“sagethor, post:1, topic:10917”]Having several NPCs on guard packed in a room with no empty tiles and no exit causes the game to crash.
I’m guessing there’s some sort of infinite loop, where the NPCs continuously displace each other on movement.

Also, I’m a terrible person.[/quote]
I think there’s some crash resulting stuff trying to be in same tile as NPC (you can easily get crash with hordes, NPCs and necromancers).

Another issue with NPCs, although not crashworthy:

Telling a follower NPC that you’re going to go on your own sometimes bugs out the NPC, leaving them unable to rejoin you, effectively making them back into a wandering NPC.

I’ve tried it on eight of my follower NPCs on the same save, and it seems like it’s completely broken. This worked fine before, so I’m unsure whether or not it’s a consequence of having many NPC followers, or some internal save variables flubbing up.