Npc crash fixing

Hey everybody, I’m new to the forums but I’ve been playing Cataclysm for a long time.
I was playing the other day and on one of my best runs suddenly some NPC reload failed and debug messages were making the game unplayable.

I thought the game was done for, but after some experimenting with the save files I deleted the maps, seen, and o.(x) files. As that seemed to be where the world info was held(being sure to make a backup first). I also found where npc info was held, but I couldn’t modify it without crashing the game. The info seems to be held in o.0.0

After loading the world was regenerated and I was able to keep my character. I decided to post this in case somebody is searching for an answer to npc crashes or bugs, and hopefully to see if someone can find better ways of dealing with these problems.

Version .9 by the way.

Usually you can solve NPC problems by using the debug kill NPCs command, but that’ll kill ALL NPCs in a certain radius. That said, NPCs as buggy as hell right now and it might just be best to play without them in the future.

Hey, that’s a good idea. I completely forgot about the debug menu!

Good thing I made a backup.