NPC Captive - How to change their name?

My have something of a, well not really an actual problem, but something I’ve found rather annoying.

After raiding my first large military outpost surrounded by traps and filled with raiders/bandits/thugs, I went around and found a bunch of NPC’s locked behind bars (Except one who somehow got out and wandered over to me whilst I was still raiding, not sure how he got out.)

Anyway, after finding all the NPC’s I noticed their names were “Generic Name, Captive” so I figured after using my hydraulic muscle/sledgehammer combo on the metal bars to free them, I’d take them all back to my base with the other survivors I’ve found.

But I realised after bringing them all home, their names are still “Generic Name, Captive” even though they’re not captives anymore! (Or at least, I don’t think I’m holding them against their will.)

I don’t think there is a way to change their name legitimately, so I was wondering if anyone knows a way to change their name via the debug menu and tell me how to even use the debug menu.

If in the future, their names automatically change to get rid of the “Captive” thing after you first speak to them, that would be great. It’s the little things you know?

I know you can simply edit a part of the save game files
just open save/mapname
look for the o.0.1 files and stuff like this. Use the latest file saved (or use the weight of the file to help you)

open with text editor (notepad+ for myself) then look for your npc name, edit it, save, and load your game.