Non-Mobile Applications of Vehicles

A public works or FEMA camp might be a good start for a base. Maybe a prison, but I haven’t actually encountered one in game yet. Use funnels to collect rain for your water supply.

It would have more than the kitchen unit on it. I don’t thInk casters actually Help with moving the object around, but you’d also need a bAttery storage deVice and at lEast one solar panel on it. You could also equip it with a water tank so it can store and dispense water. Would be nice for making gumbo… if there was even gumbo in this game to begin with. Or if I even knew what gumbo looked like. Or how it was made.

I checked the citY map (I set it tO spawn at twice the normal size. It looks like a full blown-sized city. Even with reveal map, I see nothing bUt city), and I could not find any public works sites. I did, however, find a sectioN of blank land far enough away frOm the city next to the river and a stretch of road that looks like a good enough place to set down my base. I’ve begun the migration across the city and the fleets of zombie spaWn in an RV I had the fortune of finding intact to the planned site. I’ll eventually have to go out of the city (and find the edge of it) to find a farm so I can try to find a hoe. Or maybe there’s an item that functions the same way.

The idea behind a barbeque-on-casters is that you push it around, rather than having it be powered by some kind of engine. It probably is still light enough for characters to grab hold of and push.

[quote=“Lost, post:42, topic:2178”]It would have more than the kitchen unit on it. I don’t thInk casters actually Help with moving the object around, but you’d also need a bAttery storage deVice and at lEast one solar panel on it. You could also equip it with a water tank so it can store and dispense water. Would be nice for making gumbo… if there was even gumbo in this game to begin with. Or if I even knew what gumbo looked like. Or how it was made.

I checked the citY map (I set it tO spawn at twice the normal size. It looks like a full blown-sized city. Even with reveal map, I see nothing bUt city), and I could not find any public works sites. I did, however, find a sectioN of blank land far enough away frOm the city next to the river and a stretch of road that looks like a good enough place to set down my base. I’ve begun the migration across the city and the fleets of zombie spaWn in an RV I had the fortune of finding intact to the planned site. I’ll eventually have to go out of the city (and find the edge of it) to find a farm so I can try to find a hoe. Or maybe there’s an item that functions the same way.[/quote]

I HAVE YOU NOW

WHAT IN THE EVER LASTING HELL

WHAT IN THE EVER LASTING HELL[/quote]
Oh my god. It all makes sense now…

Heh heh. I was hoping someone would catch that.

I spotted it the moment I read your post.

I had no idea what the idea behind it was, but I figured it might be worth pointing out.

I’m just testing some stuff, so I used a famous quote from Star Wars.

Hopefully in a later build, we can create custom icons in the map so we can identify our home bases aside from notes. Also, hopefully in a later build we can grow our own trees. Would make farming trees much easier and ecofriendly. Gutting forests for wood takes a long time. Building an entire fortress takes even longer. If only you could manage a crew of NPCs.

How i would love to be able to control some NPCs like in Df, with some “Help mode” in the NPC menu.

Anyways, nobody uses public works here? I started using one and is an incredible base! Even made pits next to the places it has fences. And started fixing the broken windows and doors.

I would have used it; half of the stuff is already built! My problem is I can’t find one anywhere in this map, and my chosen location for Outer Heaven is close enough to a forest I can easily ferry wood to the site.

Thank you, Rivet. You saved 3 minutes of my time. :slight_smile: I was about to comb the paragraph to figure out what the caps spelled when I saw your brightly colored answer already in place.

I just spawned. Does Rivet own it yet? :stuck_out_tongue:

I sometimes build a frame with a bed on it, I’m not sure it’s anymore comfortable than the makeshift bed but it makes me feel better.

It’s the “makeshift” in the name. Makes it feel like you just threw a bunch of crap together to make what’s loosely called a bed. It should just be called “bed”.