No corpses?

For some reason I’m not getting corpses when I run over things any more. Haven’t updated, but all of the sudden I noticed there were no more trails of dead squirrels. Normal loot like shirts from zombies still drops, though.

Hitting a creature too hard can result in gibbing the corpse, i.e. no corpse. Creatures with more health are harder to gib.

Probably should leave chunks though.

[quote=“Blaze, post:2, topic:1683”]Hitting a creature too hard can result in gibbing the corpse, i.e. no corpse. Creatures with more health are harder to gib.

Probably should leave chunks though.[/quote]
Yeah, I think there is a system right now in place, but it is skewed way to far to the “gibb” side, resulting in pretty much no corpses spawning when you run over things in a vehicle or shoot them with high powered weapons.

Ideally, gibbing should work like a disector trap, flinging chunks of whatever every which way.

Why? Because it’s awesome, that’s why!

Ideally, gibbing should work like a disector trap, flinging chunks of whatever every which way.

Seconded. It was good in Doom, it would be good in Cataclysm.
Just imagine slamming your car into a zombie and watching the pieces paint the buildings around you.

i kind of hate how corpse gibing works because i have to melee shocker zombies or lose their cbms. if i hit it in the head with a pistol it shouldn’t completely obliterate the body.

Yeah I noticed it too, weird things if I run over squirrels they leave corpses but everything else disappears. Also this occured with a shotgun, I shot a bear point plank with a slug and it’s body was gone… and I really needed the meat too :confused:

allthough this is rather convenient for clearing out schools, since i dont have to spend in gamedays butchering children. btw if killing the child zombies makes me sad, it should definately make me sad to butcher them into pieces of meat.

Counterthought: “At least they don’t have to suffer their undeaths any longer. Rest in Pieces.”

-KA101, who routinely butchered NPCs as part of funeral rites (even though you can’t actually bury anything, I dug/filled a Pit for each, too).