New fourm feedback

The server stats say otherwise.

Pageviews

This is a problem, I don’t know what’s causing it, but google doesn’t seem to want to index this site.
It’s on the first page of results for “cataclysmdda”, but nowhere to be found if you search “cataclysm dark days ahead”.

There are no plans to continue hosting the old forums, they are living on borrowed time at this point. Literally every piece of information on the old forums was migrated here, so there will be no loss of information, and I suspect this site might be “shadowed” by the old forums, so once they’re gone the bots should be able to start indexing properly.
Literally the only thing I’m even considering doing with the old forums is setting up a micro-site that issues appropriate redirects from the old forum urls to the new forum site.

I’m sorry you don’t like it, but maintaining hosting with smf was and is simply not an option.

To clarify, the old smf site went DOWN for almost a month with zero notice, and I had to stop working on the game to do the migration. the options at the time were literally:

1. Discourse
  2. No forums

Those are still the options, I can’t afford the time to self-host the forums. The only reason I was willing to put in as much work as I did to migrate to this site was that it resolved the issue semi-permanently. If my only option for keeping the forums running was to self-host, I probably wouldn’t do it.