New electronics crafts?

More from IRC: noisemakers of various kinds, possibly even some at level 1. Simple light emitters? Like LED throwies (if there’s much use for them)?

One way around region-loading might be transitter-out-of-range. If it’s small enough (thinking garage-door opener?), having it only be a few houses or so makes some sense.

Mind control helmet.

Very high level craft.

This is something you must use on zombie - you slap a helmet to its head - helmet when activating will punch electrodes trough zombie’s skull to its brain and overrun the signals created by virus, the analyzation matrix will take 20-50 turns to take over - during that time zombie is otherwise normal but gets spasms at random intervals.

After neural control matrix is ready it makes any zombie to be under your control - zombies must be steered trough active participation aka. they must be “driven” like RC-cars (look above) - so while there is no limit how many mind-controlled zombies you have you can have only one doing active stuff.

If MC-helmet runs out of batteries (it costs 1 battery per 25 turns when active and 1 battery per 2 hours when passive) zombie gets free.

If using zombie to fight something and helmet gets damaged seriously it has 33% of malfunctioning - there are two malfunction effects:

1. 66% of time it simply fries zombies brains permanently. Zombie is dead.
  2. 33% of time zombie becomes free and is “neurally enhanced” - aka is quicker and gets a to-hit bonus.

Stuff needed :

1x Motorcycle helmet / army helmet / Bike helmet
8x nails / 8x butter knifes / 8x steak knifes (we need electrodes right?)
400x duct tape
1x amplifier circuit
2x antenna
1x signal receiver
1x transponder
1x processor board
1x ram
1x CBM: Utilities / CBM: Neurological / CBM: Sensory

That would be pretty nice if this was implemented, especially if it’s craftable (possibly even extend it to the point you can craft it with gunpowder and some other random crap to make a timebomb of sorts).

DeepEnd you are a horrible person, becouse now I want a pet hulk… If I slapped it on a shocker zombie would it charge itself indefinitely?

On a side note for the RC cars. Yes, all the yes, especially if I can strap a mininuke to it… or a sawn-off to go knee capping.

I’m slowly wading into item-creation, added two new recipes today: lightstrip (long-lasting 1-radius light) and noise emitter (jacked up radio that blares static). The lightstrip can even be used to train your electronics skill from 0 to 1, if you can get your hands on amplifier circuits somehow :).

I still want to add things like alarms, sensors, RC cars, and such. RC cars will require me to do some interface brainstorming, so no guarantees about those just yet.

Wiring is also a really fun idea, IMO, although it really assumes power generation, and I want to retain the post-apocalyptic feel of the game. In terms of fitting with the game’s tone, I might make wiring prone to failure and/or fire, if I add wiring.

I can see it now:

"I finally finished wiring up my air conditioning, now for heat!"
Wanders off for sleep.

Bzzzzzzt

“Cough cough* Holy shit fire ERRYWHERE”

Lolz.

I think it’s a good idea to have both standard recipes you automatically learn and ‘secret’ recipes you have to find.

Learning:

“Know such things exist by experience and by deduction know how they work without ever seeing one” - Example: Alarm clock / molotov cocktail
"Realize such things exists and how they work by seeing/disassembling one" Example: EMP grenade.
“Totally unique designs you need blueprints for” Example: Sonic plasma disruptor cannon.

Yeah, when we change how recipes are learned, I’d like to have a rough split between things that you just know (boiling water, wood spears, other essential, basic things); things you can figure out by tinkering; and things that you need actual recipes for.