My 2cents

a few things I would like to see is more things with cooking, currently i end up just eating most of my stuff raw which I imagine would hurt moral in many cases

electric lighter: this would be a good addition consuming battery power to produce a spark (nice addition to the integrated tool set as well)

better AI: would be nice if things like turrets shot at zombies too and not just me

added occupations: librarian: starts with your choice of 2 books

added occupation: soldier: increased strength (and possible starting equipment)

added guns: nagant, break action shot guns, Muzzle loaders, bassinets

added Bionics: battery charger: consumes your power to recharge a battery

reconnaissance drone: this is based on the helicopter things you can get for your Iphone, comes equipped with a camera and would be great to survey an area (bionic integration to send info directly to your brain/eyes)

the little things: can openers, power system (to power things like battery chargers, stoves, refrigerators ect, ect, ect)

You can open a can with a pebble or a small piece of iron, but a pocket knife you’re starting with is quite enough. Anyways:

a) It’s a valuable thing, this SMF board. It has many tips in numerous topics explaining how to fly start a game and make use of shelters that are about, so you can cook and craft. Find a pot, a pan for your meats, a metal tank (possibly from a car chassis) and get that pipe from somewhere on the road - and you’ll be just fine.
b)Preferably, all lighters come with a pilot light; just try and (D)isassemble them.
c)AI’s a great improvement over the few versions this game has had. It has a scent map (try and locate the key responsible for bringing up the latter) and also all things respectively react to sound. Don’t mess what leftover infractructure civilization’s left behind and brain-eaters.
d) and e) It’s possible to parse your own professions. Browse the forums.
f) There are plenty of guns, and even more in military bunkers and such.
g) Someone wrote about vision, concerning replicating character’s ability to explore the map; as for here and now, it’s one of the harder issues.
h) UPS device has some features and might be a better prospect for electrification rather than having a heap of batteries and an electromotor; with enough skill, you could electrify your shelter to some extent; also, stoves are handled by harder fuels (like wood).

Hoping you’ll enjoy the game.

I am not so much interested in creating electrical defense but more utility such as, electric lighters, stoves, refrigerators, freezers, battery chargers, ect, ect

I will have to try the pilot thing

You’ll enjoy the Creation system CataDDA has, or as abbreviated - the Crafts.
Current (perhaps only) solution for the somehow wasted opportunity of electrifying small living spaces like cottages, mining barracks and such was to employ some electronics skill and solve the wind/water/solar power issue, thus creating a self-sustainable environment for the survivor. The only missing link is the disposal system, a complex unit that would yield much energy if equal much cargo/fuel is applied. It incinerates anything but the most hardest of metals.
Other thing could show very useful, but would also require a fair amount of skill used to prepare - a very deep pit (5 meters, that’s about 16 feet) that is used to sink a prepared refrigerator into. With a system of metal doors (platings) it could conserve items at fairly low temperatures whilst having fairly low energy consumption ratio.

4 dakenho - there are several types of stoves you’ll be able to scrap up once you explore your skills. Also, batteries are plentiful, discardable NOT rechargeable and - you’ll want to build your own.
Personally, UPS with doublecharger is what it’s all about.

Just be nice, and DDA will yield. :slight_smile:

[quote=“vultures, post:4, topic:1480”]You’ll enjoy the Creation system CataDDA has, or as abbreviated - the Crafts.
Current (perhaps only) solution for the somehow wasted opportunity of electrifying small living spaces like cottages, mining barracks and such was to employ some electronics skill and solve the wind/water/solar power issue, thus creating a self-sustainable environment for the survivor. The only missing link is the disposal system, a complex unit that would yield much energy if equal much cargo/fuel is applied. It incinerates anything but the most hardest of metals.
Other thing could show very useful, but would also require a fair amount of skill used to prepare - a very deep pit (5 meters, that’s about 16 feet) that is used to sink a prepared refrigerator into. With a system of metal doors (platings) it could conserve items at fairly low temperatures whilst having fairly low energy consumption ratio.

4 dakenho - there are several types of stoves you’ll be able to scrap up once you explore your skills. Also, batteries are plentiful, discardable NOT rechargeable and - you’ll want to build your own.
Personally, UPS with doublecharger is what it’s all about.

Just be nice, and DDA will yield. :)[/quote]

do you have a link/guide on how to do this?