New buildings in .6

Discuss what you’ve found so far.

I thought I had see something new, but I was unable to make it to it as I was murdered by Jabberwocks. D:

I haven’t found any new buildings yet, but I did find a basement lab under a house with hot plates, chemicals, and mutagen.

hm, think that would have been in earlier versions. It’s pretty common to find houses with armories or weed dens in the basement.

Could be. I’ve found the survivalist, drug den, and gun runner basements in previous versions, but not the basement lab until 0.6.

Prisons are new, right? Or was that an 0.5 addition?

yep prisons are new and be careful in there some unpleasant things are inside :wink:

Dont worry about that. I’m giving the prison a WIDE berth until I have at least mid-tier equipment.

What is the finale to the prison I went and

It was nothing but a few zombie tanks and cops, and one fully stocked kitchen. Also I found this weird room that was just empty it had a square wall in the middle.

[quote=“ajwilli1, post:8, topic:1962”]What is the finale to the prison I went and

It was nothing but a few zombie tanks and cops, and one fully stocked kitchen. Also I found this weird room that was just empty it had a square wall in the middle.

guess you haven’t found cult enemies yet.

Played .6 for the first time last night for about an hour. Stuff I noticed.

1. Did fast learning and the trait that gives bonus morale improve? I seemed to raise my skills faster. I got to 4 dodge the first day. I did fight melee somewhat, but it seemed alot faster. My melee went up into the 2s pretty quick too.
  2. putting zombies in those houses on the edge is mean. My tried and true start strategy had been, always get Archery, get rocks and throw at rabbits (turn off throw training), butcher rabbits to get to 1 survival (disable survival training), go to houses on edge and bust two windows for string, go make a bow and get some arrows. Those zombies were a nasty surprise. I can usually find a pot or frying pan in a house on the edge…
  3. Self bow vs. short bow. Failed on short bow with 2 archery/1 survival and lost items. It appears harder to make but same materials. So got new ones and made a self bow. I don’t know the difference in quality. I don’t have a hammer, so the ‘small game arrows’ were all I can make. They suck vs zombies. My point stick is better. Its still worth lobbing a few shots before the zombies cloes, but I can’t waste them. So now I need a hammer hug? I don’t remember what survival skill I need to create a stone hammer. This is a nice twist and you got me on this one.
  4. Zombie bites. is this new? I remember getting bee bites or something like that in .5. Cauterizing is easy though since I always have some form of nice. The zombie bites are nice for look and feel, but they don’t really add to the challenge. might want to think about ways to make this nastier and then add in some kind of armor that is bite resistant.

first guy died. Second guy got beat up bad with the self bow. I didnt have any pockets to carry a bow,arrows, and pointy stick. By the time I figure dout the self bow and small game arrows don’t work on zombies, I was weak, but I used my pocketknife to kil l some and got away. I don’t understand the focus that well yet, but it seems to level skills faster and is less tedious than the 800 xp cap. I like it, but we may need to balance this by reducing how much of a bonus you get per level so that higher levels are more useful (so instead of above 9-10 is pointless, make the max like 20-30? or higher) so its more gradual.

Other notes:

1. I think the stone pot should be easier to create. I tihnk you should be able to live in the woods. I think it requires survival 4 or so? I think survival 2 is fine for this. you still have to rummage around for more fire starter stuff, but I dont think you should have to get lucky and hope to get a pot or frying pan to make it.
  2. didn’t get to the better arrows yet, so no comment on over power. I like that you need a hammer to get regular arrows and the basic ones are weak
  3. I have thought for a while that I think bows should be more common finds and especially in sporting good/military surplus. You almost have to start with archery since its so rare. I can find crossbows, but they come with 1 bolt so training this is a hassle.
  4. how about you have some of the dead corpses you find with loots have the possibility to animate and go zombie? So you need to butcher them and/or sometimes they can surprise you? Soldier ones should be stronger than the scientist ones. This could be nasty, but will add to the fun.
  5. I still find using vehicles to be a hassle. I wish there was a way to look over a group of them to see if they were driveable instead of each one. I know its less realistic, but its kind of annoying.
  6. ran into flaming eyes. I think that is what blinded me. When I couldn’t see, I expected some sort of status effect , but did not see one.
  7. something destroyed part of the wall to my shelter and turned it into rubble. is that from a flaming eye? Anything i can construct to block that? I did not engage the flaming eye. I ran away. Not too familiar with the new mobs. Is this from one of the mods? There was some kind of jelly that looked like something out of a fantasy RPG (I like this). I hope you guys add the dinocat dinosaurs.

[quote=“Stevensonz, post:9, topic:1962”][quote=“ajwilli1, post:8, topic:1962”]What is the finale to the prison I went and

guess you haven’t found cult enemies yet.[/quote]

Cult enemies? Like nether ones? I don’t know if it was a glitch but there were no signs of a cult in the prison. I am playing with static spawn if that has to do with it.

did water change? I died of starvation in my first day. I thought you could eat strawberries and make it a day? Its hard to get something to purify water with in .6 since zombies are in the houses on the edges of town. you dont always find dead bodies that have water in them. so getting enough to drink the first day is a crap shoot. I dont recall eating tons of potatoe chips to make myself thirsty.

i was running from a shocker zombie and it seemed to just suicide and kill it self. is this new? I used to waste them with bow, but the new starter bow ‘self bow’ is not that good. so i ran away.
i am having a hell of a time getting started in .6. my normally strategy of start with archer, butcher stuff to get survival to make a bow is not as good cause the starter arrows/bow is not as good and there are more zombies in the houses on the edges of town.

Don’t know if Cathedrals are new, but I’d not seen one before .6 so that was interesting and pretty. Sadly I never made it inside as it was close to the middle of town.

The zombies is houses are actually interesting and I approve, always found it a little funny that most people had apparently decided to go wander out into the street when they felt ill. Smokers can be a real bitch in enclosed spaces though, lucky I found a gas mask early.

I’d probably prefer more common pot/pan spawning (perhaps some tea kettles?) to ez-craft stone pots, I only just found something to boil water in after rummaging through a whole neighborhood.