Necropolis World-gen

So throughout the multitude of new worlds I make, I usually run a cross a few Necropolis’ every now and again. But whenever i can actually be bothered to go down and explore the vault, it never lets me past the first level, saying that the stairway down is blocked.

Is this a map-gen error, or purposely has a chance to happen?

The necropoli are still being worked on, same as the refugee center and the ranch. There’s more than one placce in the code where we currently have a temporary placeholder ‘dead end’ in quests, locales, and etc.

Ah, you are playing the stable version. The next two levels were added to the experimental version a few months ago but we haven’t had a stable build since then.

Major projects are tough because you can only get so far before you are halted due to something almost unrelated. If you are playing the experimental you will get that same message two floors down because I don’t want to finish off the Necropolis without making the bottom layers hard enough that you NEED a team of companions to beat it. So I get diverted to the commune so that you can train your companions to be useful… at which point I get diverted to factions so that you can have control over your companions, so you can train and equip them, so you can explore more dangerous places.

Of course you realize, this statement only works to encourage some of us to do so single-handedly.

[quote=“acidia, post:3, topic:9785”]Ah, you are playing the stable version. The next two levels were added to the experimental version a few months ago but we haven’t had a stable build since then.

Major projects are tough because you can only get so far before you are halted due to something almost unrelated. If you are playing the experimental you will get that same message two floors down because I don’t want to finish off the Necropolis without making the bottom layers hard enough that you NEED a team of companions to beat it. So I get diverted to the commune so that you can train your companions to be useful… at which point I get diverted to factions so that you can have control over your companions, so you can train and equip them, so you can explore more dangerous places.[/quote]

Actually, the version is Experimental 0.C-3182. The map is (I think) from 0.C-2844