Nail rifle does not train rifles skill?

The nail rifle lists that it uses the rifle skill. I started using the gun on a fresh character with 0 rifle skill. Even after firing over a thousand rounds, my rifle skill has yet to increase by 1%. Furthermore, my marksmanship skill also does not increase with usage of the gun. Is the non-training of skills intended with this gun or could this possibly be a bug?

I’m using the latest experimental build.

It’s because its accuracy is too low. One of the updates made skill gain depend on accuracy of the gun used, which broke all training ranged weapons (nail gun and rifle, self bow). Known bug/feature.

You should get a message saying something like “You need a more accurate weapon to train” once in a while.

Not all of them. Blowgun/slingshot for Archery, pneumatic assault rifle for rifles.

What exactly defines “accuracy”? I see sight dispersion and then dispersion in general, which I assume applies to the shot itself. Is THAT the accuracy? If so, how do you manage to increase your marksmanship above a certain range? What’s the criteria per level of marksmanship?

God I wish some of this stuff was a little more visible. Would save a lot of digging around.

[quote=“Wally-kun, post:4, topic:7376”]What exactly defines “accuracy”? I see sight dispersion and then dispersion in general, which I assume applies to the shot itself. Is THAT the accuracy? If so, how do you manage to increase your marksmanship above a certain range? What’s the criteria per level of marksmanship?

God I wish some of this stuff was a little more visible. Would save a lot of digging around.[/quote]

Dispersion is the gun, sight dispersion is the sights not being as effective. Ammo can affect the final dispersion too. Ideally you’d be using an accurate weapon, with accurate sights, to shoot accurate ammo. :-/