My suggestions thread

This thread is going to be where I put my suggestions that don’t quite fit in a thread of their own.

Magazine Armor: Magazine type books and duct tape.
Saw it on World War Z and I thought “Hey, that’s a neat idea.” Basically a lighter form of Bookplate that can be worn on the arms and legs as bracers and guards.

Feral Zombie: Fast and vicious, a new and deadly version of your average zombie.
This one’s based on the more modern version of the zombie (Dawn of the Dead remake, 28 Days/Weeks Later, World War Z, etc), a runner instead of a shambler. Though weaker then your garden variety zombie, they’re as fast as a human, can attack multiple times in one turn, and often attack in groups.

Mutant Zombie: The zombified remains of a mutated human.
Considering how easy it is for the player to become mutated, why can’t the NPCs be mutated as well? And why can’t these mutated NPCs become zombies? Imagine having to fight against a zombie with a spiked tail, or one with 8 tentacle arms?

Genetic Booster: “Taking ‘perfection personified’ from concept to reality.” - Gentek Inc.'s slogan for their genetic boosters.
A new, rare form of drug that can boost stats without any side-effects. There are eight different varieties of genetic boosters, two for each seperate stat. The standard brand provides a temporary boost of +5 to one stat, while the rarer vitruvian brand provides a permanent +1 boost to one stat. (Looking for better name for the product line and names for each individual product)

World War Z (movie) is terrible advice for any task, just sayin’.

It’s a terrible movie, in fact.

It’s a terrible thing. It’s probably worse than most horrible events in history.

The current stock zombies in Cataclysm are already the fast runner type.

But they’re still slower than humans, I’m talking something that runs as fast as a human and can attack several times per turn (3-5 unless they decide to bite, then just one attack), but are weaker than the average zombie. I’m talking about a Special that rarely spawns by itself (at least three Ferals, five on average, and ten or more in the worst case).

I like the ideas.

[quote=“kilozombie, post:2, topic:3247”]World War Z (movie) is terrible advice for any task, just sayin’.

It’s a terrible movie, in fact.

It’s a terrible thing. It’s probably worse than most horrible events in history.[/quote]

Is it that bad if I actually liked the movie?

I kinda liked it.

In fact we should have a magazine armor.

But they’re still slower than humans, I’m talking something that runs as fast as a human and can attack several times per turn (3-5 unless they decide to bite, then just one attack), but are weaker than the average zombie. I’m talking about a Special that rarely spawns by itself (at least three Ferals, five on average, and ten or more in the worst case).[/quote]

Aside from spawning by itself you just described the zombie dog.

Perhaps they will make more sense when we have Z levels and they are to only zombie being able to perform parkour effectively and perhaps use ambushing and tracking techniques. Essentially turning them into L4D hunters.

New suggestion added: Genetic Booster.