My suggestions after playing Experimental

[quote=“acehawk, post:20, topic:6059”]There could be a weighting for likely combinations, like firefight and gun store. A low weighting example would be firefight and fast food or coffee shop.

Also, why aren’t gun stores better fortified? Don’t they typically have at least retractable gates over the windows and heavy metal doors? This would be an excuse for why some gun stores aren’t looted.[/quote]Mcdonalds less likely to have a gun fight in them? Are you kidding? If the world shits the bed I’d kill anyone or anything for a Big Mac!

[quote=“HunterAlpha1, post:21, topic:6059”][quote=“acehawk, post:20, topic:6059”]There could be a weighting for likely combinations, like firefight and gun store. A low weighting example would be firefight and fast food or coffee shop.

Also, why aren’t gun stores better fortified? Don’t they typically have at least retractable gates over the windows and heavy metal doors? This would be an excuse for why some gun stores aren’t looted.[/quote]Mcdonalds less likely to have a gun fight in them? Are you kidding? If the world shits the bed I’d kill anyone or anything for a Big Mac![/quote]
And that’s why it would be low likelihood and not no likelihood :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“acehawk, post:22, topic:6059”][quote=“HunterAlpha1, post:21, topic:6059”][quote=“acehawk, post:20, topic:6059”]There could be a weighting for likely combinations, like firefight and gun store. A low weighting example would be firefight and fast food or coffee shop.

Also, why aren’t gun stores better fortified? Don’t they typically have at least retractable gates over the windows and heavy metal doors? This would be an excuse for why some gun stores aren’t looted.[/quote]Mcdonalds less likely to have a gun fight in them? Are you kidding? If the world shits the bed I’d kill anyone or anything for a Big Mac![/quote]
And that’s why it would be low likelihood and not no likelihood :P[/quote]Maybe most places, but here in America? I’d say that every fast food restaurant would be a corpse clogged battlefield :smiley:

“Welcome to McDonalds, would you like to try our mininuke surprise today?”

But in all seriousness, any place the has food would be a likely candidate for pillaging. Given that few people understand the concept of preserving food, or that power won’t last for refrigeration/freezing, most would prioritize the food that’s closest.

Side thought: Public works facilities should have salt supplies. I’m assuming that these would be where road crews operate from, including those that clear roads during winter.

Maybe if ammunition spawns were reduced and there was a chance for ammunition to spawn when a gun spawns then it would be more like “I’ll never use any of these, but I will cart them all home because I am obsessive that way.” and more like “Oh, pistol and a couple of spare clips, I can’t use it forever, but will grab it in case I get into trouble on my way home…” which would seem like more fun, if less realistic. Although the difficulty of actually predicting what the aftermath of mass panic, looting, then occasional scavenging would do to a place makes realism a little more difficult than one might expect.
Military forces on the other hand should be universally equipped with advanced weapons, practical side-arms, and high quality armour. But either leave a trail of spent casings, discarded gear, plentiful corpses, and their gear’s condition should be consistent with having been chased, ambushed, and mauled. Or it should be guarded by whatever killed them too quickly to deplete their supplies, or whatever they transformed into…

That’s a great idea, makes sense.

That’s a great idea, makes sense.[/quote]

Road salt != table salt (generally more chemicals, less healthy for human consumption). With that caveat, yeah, sounds good, not hugely useful ATM but a good idea.

Could it be refined into table salt?

While table salt isn’t the same as road salt, and definitely shouldn’t be eaten directly or exposed to acid (due to ferrocyanides used to prevent caking), it can be (mostly) purified into basic sodium chloride.

These are all great ideas. (Except maybe the AK47 one, which, while not bad, does require one to note the number of esoteric firearms from the turn of the last century.) The public works comment has me wondering about other map tiles, though. Like, regular garbage dumps (low chance for things like broken lawnmowers, fridges, etc), recycling facilities (so many bottles, scrap), and junkyards (car parts galore).