My stance for both duel-wielding and targeting body parts, and gun clips

This is my side when I saw that it said “not practical” in frequently suggested things.

For Duel Wielding, I’m more pointed to simply acknowledging the other hand, and the mouths capabilities to hold stuff… Duel-wielding weapons is something only an experienced player does with an experienced character. By default, the off-hand (or if you want to do lefty and righty, and having those type of items in the world) should be in free open handed. From supporting a gun, to reloading a weapon, a freehand would do these things like normal. When eating or drinking normally, your free hand would unobscure the mouth, place the food in, a then you eat it, if it’s a small object, or actively eat, taking it’s time.

Having the offhand as a freehand, the game plays as normal. But, don’t tell me your lugging around a cart with one-hand and firing a rifle with the other. The freehand is occupied with the cart, so why can you still use the rifle? if this is already addressed, well you already addressed the freehand issue.

So when it comes to duel wielding, don’t expect any weapon that needs 2 hands to work, unless bionics and/or mutations to have a factor (Such as having an extra hand help support a weapon.) But, something small, in the hands of an experienced user, duel wielding could be easy. A saber, a knife, smaller lighter swords, a cutlass. some of which can only be held in one hand without it being awkward.

And then the practicality. holding a toolbox in one hand, and a small, low-recoil pistol in a steady and skilled hand, not to much loss. 2 guns, either to shoot two people at the same time, shoot one person twice, alternating fire to act more like an extended clip. having a sword in one hand, impulsively cutting anything zombieish down, while you focus with your left hand holding the pistol, to take far off threats before they are close. using two weapons, sometimes made for the exact purpose of dueling, and using a new duel-wield stance. There are plenty of swords and other weapons that are made to be used in only one hand. Also, using 1 hand to move an object is possible, two is better, but sometimes a weapons in one hand slash, pushing a barricade with the other + the body.

reloading, fuse weapons, and others may be a problem, but nothing a good player, and a skilled character can’t handle. As for pin, can be done with one skilled hand, or the teeth.

body parts, here’s how to make it more practical. By default, body, easiest to hit, decently lethal, plenty of protection, legs, middle to hit, not lethal, decent protect. head, hardest to hit, very lethal, no need to butcher/pulp if killed this way, naturally protected + more protection with helms.

Gun clips, reward preparedness or nonclip guns or drum clips, when reloading goes in order of (use full clip) (use fullest clip) (refill current clip). Clips should be pretty common, actually way more common than the gun they came with. At any decent fight, you can find several clips as people would drop rather than keep, or it will be on the undead. also if a person owns a gun that needs a clip, he will tend to have several clips to go with it. Plus also using the clip like in MGS, as an object to make sound

And final thing if you read through, other thank you and I’ed love to hear your ideas and thoughts, is ,well, I suggest I get my own folder, for all the thoughts to go in. may be a little unfair or something, and may be a little arrogent, but eh? Don’t do it if you wish, and actually I may prefer it.

I only really want dual-wielding to become fleshed out so I can finally port shields into medieval mod. -w-

Well, I can understand it. I wouldn’t mind have a trusty arrow catcher around myself. And since the work is already done, all the more reason. Whatever the reason, it’s a good enough reason to work for something. Personal question, what do is your choice with your other hand?

Hmm? What about my other hand? :V

You got a shield in one, what would be in the other?

The natural choice would be a sword, or maybe a spear. o3o

Understandable. I may swap between a pistol or sword myself. :slight_smile:

Pistol and riot shield sounds like a Fun combo. But in practice, a shield would be more for if you expected to be up close would the undead.

Though if they could grab weapons and shields instead of generic grappling…

[quote=“Random_dragon, post:8, topic:10842”]Pistol and riot shield sounds like a Fun combo. But in practice, a shield would be more for if you expected to be up close would the undead.

Though if they could grab weapons and shields instead of generic grappling…[/quote]
Depends on what I’m fighting…
And if anything could steal weapons and shields out of our hands, NPCs or zoms, well, that could lead to a decent amount of trouble. Strength, stamina, pain, would play a major part, and certain weapons and fighting stances/abilities would play a factor. Plus the weapon/shield they’re taking. overthinking, grappling already in, but some of this factors, and it also forces the player into a choice, try to maintain grip and take it back or let go and use a fallback weapon, or just fallback in general.

Possibly, yeah. I doubt a full shield would help much against turrets, but if we preserved the hackish version’s ability to add to your armor, it would logically allow for a bullet to penetrate the shield and be further reduced by your armor.

Though the way armor is now, I’ve found that plated leather, reinforced, can lolnope 9mm turrets. o3o

[quote=“Random_dragon, post:10, topic:10842”]Possibly, yeah. I doubt a full shield would help much against turrets, but if we preserved the hackish version’s ability to add to your armor, it would logically allow for a bullet to penetrate the shield and be further reduced by your armor.

Though the way armor is now, I’ve found that plated leather, reinforced, can lolnope 9mm turrets. o3o[/quote]
thinking more about NPCs, but sure. Shield carrying humans could provide some added difficulty. I fear humans because they are capable of what i am capable of,and sometimes more, and i hope one day that will apply to the NPCs. This has been a nice discussion to be honest. I wait for the day I can try your arrow catchers.

Maybe. NPCs do seem to be a bigger threat. I’ve tanked damage from turrets without a scratch in armor that’ll still let decent chunks of damage through if an NPC with a similar caliber shoots at me. =w=

That means you guys are doing something right. As time goes on, I expect turrets to breakdown, and eventually be the equivalent to artwork in lethality, while people will become stronger, better equipped and prepared, and group up into large groups, faction, and up. And with zoms, I expect their numbers to initially grow, but depending on the strength of the triffad faction, fungiloid faction, human faction (don’t confuse with human factions, this is human strength on a whole), and the other minor factions. The robots and AIs should be the deadliest faction initially, but are the first and most reliable to fail and be left to decay.

If NPC can use the same weapons, do the same attacks, wear the same armor, and can easily be more skilled, more well off, and more intelligent if I’m not bettering myself, then their done right. A zombie I know will bit me, fungiloid the same, and i haven’t been around enough triffads to know what they’ll do to me, but others do, for humans, I will never be prepared. They can lie, cheat, turn on me, and easily trick me if I’m not careful, and at the same time just be a genuinely nice person. Most other things I know will kill me, but humans are one of the few that I fear can do so much worse than bring me death, so much worse.

Now I got my opinions out there. This discussion has been going good so far.

Humans are some of the deadliest and resilient creatures on earth. We’ve been killing ourselves for years, and we still won’t die.