Mutagen category expansion, 2d half

Proposal.

First half, Alpha and Chimera, is in the RC. You may have found the recipes already, and this makes some of them marginally more common.

PR’d.

Cata-spin on tree-huggers and predatory dinos. Several all-new mutations, an unquestionably Junk item, and Lab internal politics.

Like it, hate it, let me know!

I spent ten minutes looking for a reaction image, no luck. CONTINUE WITH THE WORK KA.

I MUST RETURN TO MY QUEST FOR BLEACH.

EDIT:
"Yeah, people want the Raptor to be able to lay eggs. I’m thinking that’ll be on indefinite hold"
is not what I was expecting to see in the “E&R Dreams” section.

Well, if a dev comment shows up in the actual dreams, we call that a Bug. Third stage dreams aren’t always the easiest to write. (What were you expecting? IRC was awfully frisky–verging on Don’t Ask, for GalCiv 2 fans–that day.)

Any thoughts on the Hiss or the Talons?
[hr]

Next up will be a large-scale refactor & upgrade to the existing mutcats. Most of 'em could use a few more category-unique mutations (even if cosmetic only) and some mutations are grossly overcrowded. Fast Metabolism, in particular, currently has seven categories that can grant it.

And in the process, I’d like to have a clear answer to “Why would someone want to take this category?”, for every category. Some’ll be better, whether specifically or overall, than others. Some may well be net negatives. No argument there–but there needs to be some positive factor for each.

GC3’s coming out soon, but it looks like I’m gonna have to find some way of networking a school of computers together to get it running on maximum. Anyway back on topic…

A raptor tail functionally wouldn’t be different from the “long tail” except maybe with a (very) weak whip attack. Ment more for balance. As far as hissing is concerned it might be amusing to make it a reaction to spotting an enemy, quiet but noticeable nearby. As far as talons are concerned, go for it. Though “Bite” should be prefered over trying to claw IMO, at least in the case of Talons.

As far as Eggs are concerned, leave it for the CoC folks. (If you don’t know don’t ask.) Though if hell-bent on adding them one would have to implement gender-specific mutations as well as a bit of a “Oh dear god why did I do that” penalty to eating the egg… XD

[quote=“EkarusRyndren, post:4, topic:3916”]GC3’s coming out soon, but it looks like I’m gonna have to find some way of networking a school of computers together to get it running on maximum. Anyway back on topic…

A raptor tail functionally wouldn’t be different from the “long tail” except maybe with a (very) weak whip attack. Ment more for balance. As far as hissing is concerned it might be amusing to make it a reaction to spotting an enemy, quiet but noticeable nearby. As far as talons are concerned, go for it. Though “Bite” should be prefered over trying to claw IMO, at least in the case of Talons.

As far as Eggs are concerned, leave it for the CoC folks. (If you don’t know don’t ask.) Though if hell-bent on adding them one would have to implement gender-specific mutations as well as a bit of a “Oh dear god why did I do that” penalty to eating the egg… XD[/quote]

Yeah, GC2 routinely overflowed my old tower’s memory.

Raptor Tail is envisioned as Longer than the Long Tail. No whip and +3 to dodge. The Miles Prower Project will probably knock both it and the Thick down a point.

Fangs could be added now but that just adds yet more crossover. I think a Raptor bite attack can wait for when I redo teeth and the -vore mutations. Carnivores really ought to have teeth/jaws to match and vice versa.

Re CoC: yeah, I know. I’ve seriously considered playing it. Shame it’s a big, bright, shining example of rape culture. D: